[SOLVED] Low EU/t from reactor

• I noticed my reactor with single Uranium cell inside giving 7EU/t when cable is connected to the bottom of the reactor. When i connect cable to one of it's sides, everything is OK with 10EU/s. I measured cable right next to the reactor and reactor itself - in both cases same result.

• Cable length plays a big role in the amount of EU you are getting through it.

1. What cable did you use?
    2. Was it equally long on all sides?
    3. What happens when you place 2 cells in the reactor (don't worry, you will have time to check the current and remove the extra cell before the reactor pops.)

• Oh, looks like it was all caused by cable. I was using 3xIns HV cable directly with reactor and it caused EU loss even on short distance.

I didn't know i can't measure packet size at particular distance from power source. How does EU-Reader work then ? Doesn't it have to show current flowing through measured block ?

:Reactor: :Cable: :Cable: :Cable: :Cable: :Cable: :Cable: :MFS-Unit:

:Reactor: :Cable: :MFS-Unit:
    If you measure first piece of cable, you get different results. How does EU-Reader work then ? (just in case my english is not good enough)

Thx or help.

• You can read the current anywhere. If there are no splits on the way your current will be the same across the entire cable.

Say you send 10 EU through 4 insulated copper cables into a bat box. You will read 10 EU/t throughout the cable.
    If you send 10 EU through 5 insulated copper cables into a bat box you will read 9 EU/t throughout the cable. 1 EU will simply be deducted from the packet (EU's are sent in packets) and lost to the void.

• I thought of measuring 10EU/t on first block but for example 9EU/t on 5th block so i can find out where exactly is loss applied to current. I think IC 1 worked that way.(not sure tho)

• The way it works now is the way that makes the most sense.

IRL, if you measure current on a cable that current will be the same across the whole wire unless there is a leak somewhere. (bad shielding etc)
    The only thing that differs is voltage.