[BUG][feature?][1.337b]Diamond drill miner + single pump = infinite lava

• I saw this was already discussed earlier, but I'm looking at this from more of an exploit-like situation. Especially in conjunction with BC, you can very easily make infinite geothermal power with buckets and some simple piping, by setting up a situation where the miner tries to mine through some falling lava. Since it treats running lava the same as regular lava, if you only have one pump attached, it will cycle too fast, run out of pumps, wait for the pump to empty, and try again. In this case, having a slow stream of buckets flowing in means that the miner will always just keep trying to mine the 'one' lava block, filling a bucket, and generating a stream of free lava.

The quick and dirty solution is to just ignore flowing/non-source lava blocks in the miner code. Is the current method meant to simulate having to actively pump out whatever lava is in the way to get to the ore? In that case, what if you're using an OV scanner, and ore might potentially be more than 3 lava blocks away?

Old thread I was looking at: http://forum.industrial-craft.…?page=Thread&postID=10067

• no.

it will pump only still lava.

And yet, when I look in the code, it checks what block it is mining, and if the block to be mined is either still or running lava, as defined by itemid, it invokes usePump with the id of still lava.