[Core Suggestion] Upgradable Power Storage

• I have a suggestion that may get rid of peoples pre-used power storage units like Batt-Boxes. You should need the lower tier to upgrade into the next tier, the best example of this is that you should have to add things to a batt-box to get an MFE Unit, but as a side effect you should get the batt-box storage added to the MFE Unit's Storage. At least this isn't a full industrial craft core change suggestion
    :D Please agree that it useful :D

• 1. No, i don't see a reason why a MFSU should contain a Batbox in its recipe
    2. Wtf do you want with 40000 storage compared to the 10000000 the MFSU has? That's not even 1%.

Its just an idea that relates to the fact that you may have unused storage devices that you have no use for.

Then scrap the idea of adding the power storage but i think that there should be an option to upgrade you equipment so that you get rid of the unused items, like the iron furnace has 2 recipes.

• Official Post

Hmm, how about making storage blocks have a option to add modules?

Output module: Insert a Ins. copper cable/2x ins. gold cable/4x ins. HV cable inside Batbox/MFE/MFSU on battery discharge slot to increase its output by 4x without changing voltage.
    [make Batbox/MFE/MFSU output 4 packets of 32/128/512 EU]
    Storage module: Insert a REbattery/Energy Crystal/Lapotron inside Batbox/MFE/MFSU on battery discharge slot to increase its energy storage by 10k/100k/1M.
    [inserting energy storage tier 3 item on tier 2 storage block won't work.]
    Voltage module: Insert a LV/MV/HV transformer inside Batbox/MFE/MFSU on battery discharge slot to make storage unit accept MV/HV/EV without blowing.

• If I'm not mistaken, a BatBox has a simple use: Feed a subnet with exactly 32EU/t. The way I understand it, if you get 64EU/t, you can take 32 from them by putting a batbox inbetween and feed a Mass Fabricator with half your power that way, leaving the rest for your machines.

• that isnt what i meant. But that could be useful, however that would probably work better if there was IC enchantment sort of thing. :D