Question: OD Scanner Issue

• This isn't necessarily affecting my gameplay, just thought I'd bring it to the attention of the community.

I'm playing single-player using IC2 1.43 for reference. I just finished using my first miner+regular drill+OD scanner on a new map and got some strange readouts from the OD scanner after it finished mining. I scanned the block on top of the miner and got a readout of 8. That's understandable; there was either liquid or obsidian in the way. I started digging down and as I got deeper I got different results. After just 1 block the result went from 8 to 9. I dug deeper and eventually hit 12, then back to 8 then 10 and so on. I get to the very bottom of the shaft and I'm sitting on top of bedrock with an OD scanner result of 24.

Again, not in any way affecting the game; just wondering what's going on here.

• Official Post

OD Scanner rates the density of ore. This is the ratio between valuable and invaluable block.
    I assume below the bedrock was an ore deposit.. the closer you went, thehigher the number got, given there was less smoothstone below you, compared to the ore still present.