Mk2 goes boom?

• Hi.

U recently build my forst Reactor using this design:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…a=1p101010110010101001010

But it blew up on my taking all my precious MFSU Units and of cause the reactor itself with it. I had it in a box surrounded by water (except for the cable of cause).
    Now I am a bit irritated. According to the tool this design is MK II and should not have blown up during first cicle. Also it should have outputted 70 EU/t but it only delivered 66 (measured directly on the reactor of cause).

What could have gone wrong?

• At a guess, since that design reached upto 7500 hull heat, that the water used to cool the reactor evaporated and thus caused it to go critial.
    If you look in the More Info tab you'll see "Highest Heat Level", if this goes above 50% then your water cooling must begin from atleast 3 blocks away from the reactor block or else the water source may be removed by the hot reactor.

As for the output, I'm assuming you were using HV cable and it was 4 or 5 blocks away from the reactor at the point you measured the current. The 66 EU/t might of been due to the EU decay of the cable. If you're going to remake that 70 EU/t design then I suggest fully insulated gold cable, as it can cope with upto 128 EU sized packets.

• As for the output, I'm assuming you were using HV cable and it was 4 or 5 blocks away from the reactor at the point you measured the current.

Hi.
    Also it should have outputted 70 EU/t but it only delivered 66 (measured directly on the reactor of cause).

But thanks for the hint on the water cooling. Thinking of it - i assume you can use flowing water and not only source blocks to cool an reactor?

• A slight correction to my previous post, the EU reader measures the current in the block and reports what the EU/t will be once it reaches it's desintation. Reguardless of whether you measure it from the start or the end.

So the EU reported is the amount you get, after the EU decay.