[1.64] Issues with transformers

• I've played around with transformers for a while now and I noticed that it doesn't seem to be possible to switch them to between there two EU outputs. Instead I've seen high voltage transformers not emit any power at all unless you send it a redstone signal and the resulting EU seems to be only 512 EU/tick. This behavior extends to low voltage + medium voltage transformers too; they won't emit EU unless given a redstone signal. In my tests I attached a EU storage block to the transformer, then some cable to it's output and fed into a second transformer and that transformer was connect to a second storage block. That setup always seems to require redstone to emit EU.

I didn't notice anything in the changelog about this, so I'm supposing it is not intentional. Has anyone else encounter such behavior from transformers?

• I'm fairly new to transformers, and I was under the impression from information in the IC2 wiki that a HV transformer can switch between Extreme voltage (2048 EU) and High voltage (512 EU). I was trying to get it to emit extreme voltage, so I did what the wiki described and applied redstone current to the HV transformer. My problem is that it doesn't seem to emit 2048 eu, only 512 by the looks of it. Secondly if I remove the redstone current all EU transfer stops completely.

• Thanks for your replies Alblaka. Though I seemed to encounter another problem with my transformers/wires. I was messing around with trying to get extreme voltage working and I made a setup to step the EU down until it eventually reach the batbox at the end. The EU's being transfered between the cables was all wrong (according to my EU reader at least). It could be that my EU reader is messed up, but on the other hand it's been displaying other things properly. Got some images below to show what happened. If the EU's displayed was correct then the wires/EU storage blocks should have blown. Maybe I need to do a reinstall? =/

• I wonder why you get 510EU/t on EV cable and then 512EU/t on gold cable. According to your setup, you should get same EU/t measured on HV cable, glass fibre and 2 blocks long gold cable. Also you cannot send more than 512EU/t as long as there is MVT somewhere on the way. Same with LVT and 128EU/t. Try adding MFS unit right after second HV transformer and read current. You should get something around 1020EU/t (from 2 MFSUs) because one of your MFS units is not sending any energy (guess why).

• I wonder why you get 510EU/t on EV cable and then 512EU/t on gold cable. According to your setup, you should get same EU/t measured on HV cable, glass fibre and 2 blocks long gold cable. Also you cannot send more than 512EU/t as long as there is MVT somewhere on the way. Same with LVT and 128EU/t. Try adding MFS unit right after second HV transformer and read current. You should get something around 1020EU/t (from 2 MFSUs) because one of your MFS units is not sending any energy (guess why).

Thanks for the suggestion raGen, I didn't even notice that misplaced MFSU. I changed the setup like you said (And added a good number of MFSU's) and took readings. I took some pics to show the results.

With what Alblaka said about the 4 pulses then the EU running through my HV cable is around 510 eu/tick......still can't get high voltage going =/ thanks for your help anyway.

• I still not completely understand why you get greater current after second HVT. If it's getting only 2043EU/t, why is it sending 2048 EU/t ? Also There is no point connecting more than 4 MFSUs to a single HVT, since it can't handle more than 2048EU/t. (from what i know, each tick, transformer can process max 4 smaller packets {512EU in this case})

Edit: Now i know what is causing wrong current being send. I did test myself and found that second HVT sends 2048EU/t but occasionally "skips" one tick to make it 2043EU/t on average.