Unearthing the lost rubber tree of Machu Minechu

• Recently, I was exploring a new IC2 world and found this bizarre creation:

A single rubber tree, stuck in the ground! I simply had to dig it out (mostly because I didn't have any rubber).

One crazy rubber tree, eh? It was around this point that my shovel broke.

As I was digging out the tree, I noticed that its leaves had replaced the dirt the tree was growing in. Better than the alternative, I guess, but what could have possibly caused the tree to grow in this fashion?

There's a cave in the background here. I see now, the tree must have intersected with the cave in world generation! Wait, what?!

The size of the hole I made to dig out that pesky tree. Man was that crazy. Any thoughts?

Another note: These pictures were taken on the "fast" graphic setting, but the rubber tree leaves still had the "fancy" leaf texture. Was that deliberate, or is as buggy as this tree?

• Whoa. The world gen mucked that one up.

The fancy Rubber Leaves texture is deliberate, it's meant to help the player distinguish the Rubber Trees from the other trees.

• Official Post

Leaves dont repalce dirt, only air.
    However, probably it spawned the ground layer, dropped in some ore generation > Causes rubber tree generation as well > and then filled up the landscape or stuff? Nice found you got there, for sure :3

• man that is really cool i rember in alpha when this sapling i planted grew up like 45 blocks and at the top had a radius of about 10 :P ....... it was amazing excpet for trees only grow like 6-7 blocks now :cursing:

still rocking the GMA 950 card :D overclocked to the point of smoking. :huh: hahahahaha now i got my 525m now that thing does work 8) :P :D