[Help] Diamond Drill not running empty

• I have encountered a problem with my diamond drill, the problem is... its not running empty
    it charges fully up, thats not a problem, it also takes energy from my batpack, so thats also not a problem.
    but when my batpack is empty, and my diamond drill is low on energy, it never runs empty...

it just stays at the lowest energy bar and I can keep using it on and on.
    for some this is problably not a bad thing, but I might aswell switch on creative mode like this...
    it used to work before, but since I died once and my diamond drill dropped, it started doing this after I picked it back up.

I tried to do some things like using NEI to give me a new batpack and diamond drill, but it didnt work.
    I tried using NEI to give me the materials to craft a batpack and diamond drill, but it didnt work.

I tried using my chainsaw to see if the chainsaw did the same, but the chainsaw can run out of enegry.
    I tried unequipping my batpack and then use the diamond drill, but again the diamond drill does not run out of energy.

as for what mods I use, it'd be the fastest way to say that Im using the mods that Direwolf20 uses in his current LP.
    I also am using his configuration files, and with that I thought it might be a wrong configuration, but I haven't heard about DW having the same issues, so it's probably not the configurations.
    so I was hoping if someone could help me with this.