Transformers - How do they work?

• Do I have to worry about energy being lost if the pull from my consuming machines/empty storage is less then the push from the pushing producers/full storage?

Examples:
    1. 1 full MFE -> Lv transformer -> empty batbox
    If I understand correctly, the batbox requests energy, the transformer with an empty buffer requests energy, the full MFE transmits its full 128 eu packet, which is it's maximum per tick. The Transformer makes 4x 32eu packets, which it stores in a buffer. As only 1 32 eu packet is requested, it transmits that and has 3 remaining in the buffer. The next 3 ticks, the empty batbox continues to request, and is fed from the transformer buffer without the transformer making a request from the MFE. As a result, the MFE sends 1x 128 eu packet every 4 ticks, and the batbox recieves 32 eu/t every tick

2. 1 full mfe -> lv transformer -> split among 4 empty batboxes
    4 batboxs request energy, the transformer with an empty buffer requests energy, the full MFE transmits its full 128 eu packet, which is it's maximum per tick. The Transformer makes 4x 32eu packets, which it stores in a buffer. As 4 32 eu packets are requested, it transmits that and has an empty buffer. This happens every tick, with the MFE sending 1x 128 eu packet and the each of the 4 batboxs recieving 32 eu/t every tick

Is this correct?

Thanks for Giving drill access to miners!

• You are not correct, Sir. BatBox will accept all 4 packets in single tick, resulting in 128EU/t transfer.
    Edit: BatBox is not requesting any power, it just consumes everything you send at it, given it's voltage is <=32EU/p. It means you can feed 512EU/t to single BatBox.

• very comforting, I thought there was an input limit of 32 eu/t, it is good to know it is just a packet limit.

Thanks for Giving drill access to miners!

• very comforting, I thought there was an input limit of 32 eu/t, it is good to know it is just a packet limit.

The same applies to cables as well (for example while tin can only handle 6EU packets people commonly send hundreds of 1EU packets from solar panels through a single tin cable).
    Remember it will only output 32EU/t, which kind of sucks if you have more than one advanced machines.
    Also if the transformer is powered by redstone it will convert upwards, which is kind of useless seeing as you can just put say 32EU packets into a MFSU (Unless you want to use EV :) see my "EV and Death" thread).