Help! whenever I turn on my water mills it gets laggy.

• I think this ain't a bug, but for some reason, whenever i turn on my 8 water mills using redpower tubes and machines, the world outside my factory gets laggy, but it doesn't lag inside where my water mills are. It lags around 15 blocks away from the mills, and when the mills run out of water to process, the lag stops. I tried lowering all the settings and I'm using optifine.

edit: I found out that when I'm in the laggy world and I close minecraft and load it again, the lag stops, but when I come back to the mills, it'll lag again.

• Known issue, first, this is the bug section, you probably ought to go to the support section.

The answer? The current sounds system is quite buggy. When you go outside the range of the sound emitting blocks, when you reach the threshold of hearing, the game lags pretty hard. The solution? Go into your IC config and turn the sounds off.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]