[Bug] Infinite pickup of rubber boots after dieing

I died while wearing rubber boots, when I came back to get my stuff I picked up an unlimited amount of rubber boots.
    I wasn't able to reproduce this bug, maybe it is related to the damage value of the boots when you die. Also I died multiple times at the same spot. Could be just a Notch-bug, but maybe it is related to IC². Also I wasn't able to shift-click these boots into a chest (I am using convenient inventory). Dropping only one of these boots and picking it back up resulted also in picking up an infinite amount. Minecraft restart didn't fix it.

• Official Post

I died while wearing rubber boots, when I came back to get my stuff I picked up an unlimited amount of rubber boots.
    I wasn't able to reproduce this bug, maybe it is related to the damage value of the boots when you die. Also I died multiple times at the same spot. Could be just a Notch-bug, but maybe it is related to IC². Also I wasn't able to shift-click these boots into a chest (I am using convenient inventory). Dropping only one of these boots and picking it back up resulted also in picking up an infinite amount. Minecraft restart didn't fix it.

Did you die by fall damage?

The bug is probably related to some irregular minecraft behavior. If you manage to reduce the stacksize (amount of an item) below 0 (for example by malfunctioning code or rarely by exorbitant damage), the -1 will be interpreted as INT_MAX (which is something about 2.5 millions). The result is, you don't have an infinite stack, but "just" a few fillions of items.
    I would recommend flooding the place in lava/fire do destroy the itemstacks and prevent any issues regarding the Time-Space-Dimension.