Bug: Crashing Server

• I have a private server for me and my friend to play on. It worked well for hours, and I noticed it started making a lot of these .ssav files in the server folder. I didn't think anything of it, but all of a sudden I was disconnected after not being able to create/destroy blocks with a java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out error. I've tried rebooting the server plenty of times, but it reverts to an older save with eird bugs where placed blocks are still there but our old inventories are back too. The crash still happens after a few moments. Recently I tried rerunning the server after deleting the .ssav files (I made a backup with the .ssav files in case), but all it did with delay the crash an extra 30 minutes. Help! :!:

• Official Post

I have a private server for me and my friend to play on. It worked well for hours, and I noticed it started making a lot of these .ssav files in the server folder. I didn't think anything of it, but all of a sudden I was disconnected after not being able to create/destroy blocks with a java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out error. I've tried rebooting the server plenty of times, but it reverts to an older save with weird bugs where placed blocks are still there but our old inventories are back too. The crash still happens after a few moments. Recently I tried rerunning the server after deleting the .ssav files (I made a backup with the .ssav files in case), but all it did with delay the crash an extra 30 minutes. Help! :!:

The .ssav files are A neat little thing to help fight griefing. ;)

When the server crashes, what does it say in the window? We might be able to distinguish more with an error log.

I would also look into a Back-up script ( I run one for my tow private servers, which auto back up the server every hour, reguardless if the server is running or not, and deletes 3-day old Back ups) to help with the map issue (Players inventories won't be saved mind you).

• Sorry it took long to respond, when I crash a get a java.net.sockettimeoutexception read timed out error. And yes, we have a terraformer. Also, how comes the /give command doens't recognize the ids. I need it after running an incorrect version of modloader wiped out all of our machinery :(

• Thank you Talonius! As soon as I removed the Terraformer, the clouds lifted, the sun shone, and the server was working again! I can't thank you enough, along with Adien_Alexander too! You guys rock my socks man!