IC² won't function

• I've been completely unable to get IC² to function properly. I downloaded the latest builds of Modloader, ModLoaderMP, and Minecraft Forge (and yes, I got the Latest version, not the Recommended version), then dropped the client .jar into my mods folder. It simply won't work in-game. The game functions normally, but I cannot craft any of the items, nor will ores show up.

I tried forcing an update to get a fresh .jar, but that didn't work either. I've tried doing so two or three times.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here?

• Ah, it's returning an error.

• The installation directions on the ModloaderMP page are confusing me. I've copied over everything from the ModLoaderMP 1.2.3 v3 folder into minecraft.jar, but the directions go on like so:

• Copy everything inside the minecraft folder (in the zip file) into minecraft.jar (in %appdata%\.minecraft\bin)
    • Copy everything inside the resources folder (in the zip file) into the resources folder (in %appdata%\.minecraft)

Is this only relevant for installing the SDK Guns Mod, or am I missing something here?

• I too am having problems with IC2, buildcraft works just fine though. The game crashes on startup only when IC2 is present. However, I'm using the recommended build.
    Modloader.txt

Minecraft crash report

</init>

• The "throw stuff at the wall until something sticks" approached worked. I re-installed all the mods and IC² is now functioning. Thanks for the help.