IC2 1.81 Induction Furnace using wrong UI

• Hey there!

I just made an induction furnace in 1.81 and it's titled and appears to be in fact an induction furnace. However, when clicking on it and opening the interface, it pops up with the Electric Furnace UI and wont accept redstone current to power and charge up. I do have quite a few mods installed but I didn't think it should matter right? I'm using a 1.4 version of forge (not the latest) so will try updating (I didn't use the latest recommended build as it was missing java files originally - I believe it's been fixed for almost a week just didn't bother updating so will do so now and see if that fixes the problem)

• I've updated to the latest version of forge, and using the latest IC2 release (1.81) and the electri furnace UI is still coming up when accessing the Induction Furnace.

• Actually, yes. I replaced it with the induction furnace. Let me try placing it in a different spot. I noticed that the cable didn't change back to an unattached state (It still showed it going up towards where the old furnace was.) - I'll also try destroying the cable and then placing the furnace down.

• Ok - removing it with a pickaxe caused the cable to not revert back, and when placing the induction furnace down, it believed it to sill be an electric furnace. However, removing the cable and replacing it solved that issue. Removing the electric furnace using the wrench and then placing the induction furnace seemed to work just fine however. (Placing both in same spot in both cases). It's still a bug, but you can play with it and get it to work anyways.

Thanks for the tip! :thumbup:

• Ok - removing it with a pickaxe caused the cable to not revert back, and when placing the induction furnace down, it believed it to sill be an electric furnace. However, removing the cable and replacing it solved that issue. Removing the electric furnace using the wrench and then placing the induction furnace seemed to work just fine however. (Placing both in same spot in both cases). It's still a bug, but you can play with it and get it to work anyways.

Thanks for the tip! :thumbup:

Sounds to me you are still using the old version of forge. That was a bug we all had, until forge updated.

What version are you using?

If you are playing SMP it could be the server using the wrong version, but I don't really know how the server - client interactions work, I stick to SSP myself, so kinda always assume that posts refer to SSP unless they mention otherwise.