{support} setting up an server, only in an diferent way then usual..

• Hello Technical people of the help forums ;)

ive browsed the forums trying to find an way to set up an MC server, but there is one catch!
    this server is not ment for online gameplay! it is ment for LAN party's,

so here are the detai's

- internet is out of the question, an personal netword is created (by me)

- the network i set up is an wireless network

now to the questions:

- how do i set up this server? is there any significant diference between an online based server which is host from my pc or an offline server which is hosted throu an local area network?

- is this actualy posible at all?

things i understand (or think i do)

from all mods i have, i would need the server files in order for them to work on an server (doh?)

i hope this all makes sence to you all, i would like to do this becouse i am currently on an seagoing vessel, together with the crew we want to do some lan party's of different games, and i suggested (MINECRAFT (heavily modded))

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• If you want to make a LAN party without having to make everyone pay for Minecraft, you can use an offline mode launcher (the paid launcher's Play Offline button doesn't work since it labels you as Player) and turn online mode off on the server.

• hmm so if i get it correct:

the server set up is all the same of an normal one,

the exeption to the rule is, that instead of using the paid version of the launcher i would need an free one in order to give to my fellow crew members? (and myself)
    and set the server to offline? how do i do that?

also, thx for the quick reply.

i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• alright!

thats all the info i needed, thx an lot.

if i run into any isue's il post them here ;)

• For the record... everything about setting this up should be about the same as setting up an internet connected server, only difference is that for server address you'll use the local IP of the machine running the server (ex: 192.168.1.x; x being the specific server address)

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.