Mark 1-O SUC how can I make it better?

• Keeping in the theme of Mark 1-0-SUC how could I make this better? I don't want to add more chambers I don't want an exspensive reactor because that will limit me from building and automating my mining industry.

EDIT: forgot to post the design lol. FAIL.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1910101001501021s1r11r10

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• If you want a CASUC, go for raGans design. If you want a reactor without ice cooling with as high energy output as your "suc" model, it works without chambers and ice like this, you just have to surround it with some more water.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…xwnt05br3u0tet4ubrla3caio
    It has been proven that a cooling cell>stack of ice, atleast on non-casucs, because a cooling cell can cool the reactor for 10k heat per cycle, hold 10k more to itself and make the reactor produce less heat if place next to the uranium, while a stack of ice can just cool the reactor for 19200 but the uranium will produce much more heat if no cooling cells are used. Ice production also consumes power so your design is wasting energy and resources for no benefit.

• Please, tell me more about it.

Sure. Your design (which is absolutely perfect if you are refilling the reactor yourself) builds up 10.000 heat every cycle, so when you automate the refilling part (which he might do when he is automating every thing else) the reactor will start within 1 second of shutting down. This means the reactor never gets the change to cool down, so the 10.000 heat per cycle is spread out over 26 part (cooling cells + HD's + the reactor hull) so after 25.99 cycle's, all components are at 9999 heat, 1 reactor tick later and components start to melt and a nice explosion will follow.

• Sure. Your design (which is absolutely perfect if you are refilling the reactor yourself) builds up 10.000 heat every cycle, so when you automate the refilling part (which he might do when he is automating every thing else) the reactor will start within 1 second of shutting down. This means the reactor never gets the change to cool down, so the 10.000 heat per cycle is spread out over 26 part (cooling cells + HD's + the reactor hull) so after 25.99 cycle's, all components are at 9999 heat, 1 reactor tick later and components start to melt and a nice explosion will follow.

Thanks, I missed that part where he mentioned automating reactor refilling.

• Thanks all. I have no clue how to gauge wether or not I have 9 water cooling or 25. I've got no way to know so I go on the safe side thanks for the designs.

Also. Automate refilling? How does one do such a thing?

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• The cheap and dirty way is to attach a filter or retriever to one of the reactor chambers and let it pull out depleted uranium cells and attach a relay to an other chamber and fill it with uranium cells. You only need to refill the relay, but you can to that with a tube and a transposer attached to a chest where you or some other system puts in the uranium cells.

• I have no clue how to gauge wether or not I have 9 water cooling or 25. I've got no way to know so I go on the safe side thanks for the designs.

It's quite simple to count the amount of water cooling your reactor has. Basically the reactor is in a middle of a 3x3x3 cube. 3x3x3-1(the reactor)=26. So the maximium amount of water cooling you can have is 26, but then you have no way to collect the power your reactor produces. So you need a cable next to the reactor, which reduces the amount of water cooling by one, making the maximium sensible amount of water cooling for a chamberless reactor is 25.
    Now if you attach six chambers to the reactor, the max.amount of water cooling drops to 20 as the chambers take space from the water, but you can now connect the cable to one of the chamber so the cooling is 3x3x3-6(chambers)-1(reactor)=20.
    Flowing and source water blocks both work for reactor cooling.