[Suggestion] Change Single-Use Battery recipe to use unisolated copper cable

• Single-Use Batteries are used - if ever - extremely early in the game when you have almost no resources to produce EU through a generator. Now while coal and redstone can be found easily, you usually have a definite lack of rubber at the start of the game. Changing the recipe to take uninsulated copper cable would make it more useful at the start of the game.

In addition it might probably make sense as well to use coal instead of coal dust, as usually by the time you have a macerator you usually have a way of generating power through a generator, rendering the single-use battery useless. Besides: it effectively removes 625 EU from the 5000 EU these batteries generate as you have to power the macerator.

• I'd use single use batteries more often if i could make them out of gunpowder(they have the same ingredients) but I'm pretty sure the recipe needs the rubber for the battery casing and besides i always have plenty of rubber before i dive into the ic2 part of my games

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Yeah, +1 to you!

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• after thinking about i am +1 here is my reasoning

single use batteries currently could be considered impractical to mass produce because if you overclock your machines to much they will cost more eu to make than they produce if you cut out the rubber thats at least 100eu that you save. either this or make batteries out of dyes or gunpowder but I seem to be the only one who doesn't think it will explode

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• I'm playing IC2 since v1.62 and i can say for sure that i NEVER craft a sigle use battery!

They are too UP! so much up that are nearly useless even in early game!
    They have 4 big problems:
    1. They use rubber which is always poor before u craft an extractor which must be crafted AFTER the macerator to make the batteries itself. Is correct that i can smelt resin instead, but this is a big waste and at the time that i have this processing machine i usually have 1 gen, 2 BATBOXs(!) and an eletric furnace. I can do RE-batteries with no IC machine, and i NEED the macerator for the cheapest solution? IS A PARADOX!
    2. They use redstone, not a problem to find in fact, but if u have the time to go deep near bedrock for redstone, u have high chance to find tin on your way down, so u prefer to craft a RE-battery directly instead of single use. I will use the copper cable for something that i never loss, the coal used in single use to smelt the tin and the redstone i used for 10 (that is nominal 10.000EU) one use battery are the same of 1 RE battery (full 10.000EU capacity) that i can use forever and ever.
    3. As i make 1-2 trip to badrock, u have enough things to make a simple IC2 lab in your base, if u are lucky with a couple of solars... at this point, as is the point i can create the single use batterys due to the macerator, i already do not need this battery anymore... so WHEN i can use it conveniently?
    4. As i invest so many early-game too much useful material to create EU, i expect to have something durable. After u use it they vanish! WHAT A WASTE! Is correct theat they hold EU at creation, BUT I CAN USE NEAR THE SAME MATERIAL TO MAKE SOMETHING INDESTRUCTIBLE THAT I CAN ALSO BUILD IN SOMETHING ELSE! If they become exausted batterys, that u can recharge simply add redstone OR more coal dust in a crafting table with 5 of this shell, this will save a lot of copper cable and redstone/coal making them a viable choice. This way thay are any way single use, because u can't charge them directly but u have to change the solid exausted part of the battery to obtain the charged one... (i suggest redstone instead of coal, i will put coal directly into generator, and i have a way to produce EU from redstone if i need it).

They are stackable up to 64? :huh: ? are u fucking kidding me? i never want to craft ONE, i don't know why i want to craft 64 of them!

By the way, i give +1 at this tread, as ANY buff to this batteries are actually a good thing... (even if i will not use them also with no rubber! :thumbdown: )

• ok before we get a little buff crazy lets remember 2 things
    first single use batteries were originaly made as a convenient/cheep way to transport energy to remote sites(cause they stack)
    second 1 recipe makes 8 batteries(with hydrated coal dust) so you only need 4 of everything for a stack
    now that we got that out of the way we can now proceed to go totally buff crazy WAHOOO! so how about inksacks as a coal dust sub? lump of coal instead of coal dust? or we could all just install the charcoal dust addon but that wouldn't be as fun. 1 wire and 1 gunpowder make 5 batteries? i do not know if i am being sarcastic or not :rolleyes:

EDIT:just remembered a charged batpack renders single use stacks obsolete. so yeah not sarcastic single use cells could use some sort of a buff (how about increasing their scrap box drop rate?)

• ok before we get a little buff crazy lets remember 2 things
    first single use batteries were originaly made as a convenient/cheep way to transport energy to remote sites(cause they stack)
    second 1 recipe makes 8 batteries(with hydrated coal dust) so you only need 4 of everything for a stack

first, they are NOT convinient, ABSOLUTELY NOT CHEAP and as u say a batpack will do the job better... single use battery must be the first-ultra-base way to EU generating, even before generators. Ultra cheap, ultra common, Ultra low gain, Ultra low storage (The only point respected), ultra HIGH manage, source of EU in the game. As they are, TOO MUCH MATERIAL -> very little EU.
    second, u need to craft 8 of them to make a stack: 8x8=64. So 8 insualted cable, 8 hydrated coal dusts, 8 redstone, a minium of 625x8=5000EU spend to create the dusts, 64.000-5.000=59.000 EU trasported... less than a batpack... pfui... such a waste of material...

I will accept this cost of material if i create only one battery from the recipie, that hold like a normal RE-batteries...