Suggestion: "Brown" Charcoal, or a less bulky way to burn plants like reeds

• Name: Brown Charcoal

Description: In addition to cooking wood into charcoal, ancient peoples (especially those in rainforests with lots of leafy but not so woody vegetation) would perform a similar drying/charring process on green vegetation. In Minecraft, we have such green vegetation in Saplings, Cactus, and Reeds, and we presently run through a complicated process of jumbling the plants together into balls, compressing them, liquefying and extracting them into liquid fuel. Of course, we could use them as is, but they're rather bulky and we have to keep refueling whatever machine is taking them.

As an alternative to these choices, I propose that we can take four plantballs, craft them in a square to make a plant chunk or a plant pile, which can then be cooked in a furnace to yield "brown" charcoal that is equal in power to "black" charcoal that can be obtained from wood. Yes, it is less energy efficient than using the plants whole or by making fuel out of them, but it's much less bulky than using the plants whole and less difficult/doesn't use up tin like the biofuel cycle.

Energy Breakdown: 32 reeds or cactus * 50 heat value = 16 saplings * 100 heat value = 1 "brown" charcoal * 1600 heat value = 1600 heat value = 4000 EU

1 furnace smelt = 208 EU - 390 EU or 160/200 heat

tl;dr recipe: 4 plantballs in a square > plant chunk / plant pile > (furnace) > "brown" charcoal

Alternative recipe if required for balance: 4 compressed plantballs > plant chunk > (furnace) > "brown" charcoal

Alternative Suggestion: Plantballs directly useable as fuel, one quarter as effective as coal/charcoal (as that is the energy they contain, considering the reeds/saplings used), or to cook a plantball in a furnace to produce an item with 1/4 the effectiveness as coal/charcoal.

• I like this... vegetation as a fuel source is highly flexible... And personally, I use Forestry just to 'not' waste Tin on Bio-energy...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I suppose an equally valid idea would be if plantballs could be burned as a fuel item for 1/4th the effectiveness of charcoal, or could be "smelted" or "cooked" in a furnace into such an item, it would still be good since we still have an eight-fold volume reduction from burning reeds directly. But that's not as good as the thirty-two fold reduction as I originally suggested.

• I suppose an equally valid idea would be if plantballs could be burned as a fuel item for 1/4th the effectiveness of charcoal, or could be "smelted" or "cooked" in a furnace into such an item, it would still be good since we still have an eight-fold volume reduction from burning reeds directly. But that's not as good as the thirty-two fold reduction as I originally suggested.

Edited the original post to contain this alternative idea.