[Suggestion] Chainsaw Modes

• Tool modes are already implemented for wrenches and mining lasers, why not give the chainsaw an additional "no leaves" mode? It was nice plowing through them without filling up your inventory.

• +1, thinking I don't really use the leaves, and because of the needs of sapplings (especially for rubber tree).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Leaves can be used for scrap, Leaves can be turned into plantballs for biofuel (meh), Leaves can be turned into plantballs for dirt (place an uncompressed one inside macerator for 8 dirt)
    Why add a no leaves mode? If you already use energy to destroy those leaves, use it for something usefull!

• Official Post

The only other mode I want for chainsaw is silent mode. I hate it sound while I switch tools.

industrialcraft-2-client_1.95b.jar\ic2\sounds\Tools\Chainsaw [Open with winrar]
    Delete all contents inside and have fun without chainsaw sound.

• How about two alternative modes: drop-leaves-mode, and drop-extra-saplings mode. You either get leaves, which can be used for recyclers or plantballs, or extra saplings which can be used to plant new trees or used for fuel in of themselves. That way if you're propagating a forest or a plantation, you switch on extra-saplings and get more trees to plant, and when you're tree farming for fuel you switch on leaf mode and get leaves you throw in your recyclers to make random stuff.

Although personally I don't use my chainsaw that much anymore, I've got a wonderful Buildcraft tree farm set up. Fuel it and flip the switches, and it handles both planting and harvesting.

• Leaves can be used for scrap, Leaves can be turned into plantballs for biofuel (meh), Leaves can be turned into plantballs for dirt (place an uncompressed one inside macerator for 8 dirt)
    Why add a no leaves mode? If you already use energy to destroy those leaves, use it for something usefull!

didn't know about the dirt, cool.

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• industrialcraft-2-client_1.95b.jar\ic2\sounds\Tools\Chainsaw [Open with winrar]
    Delete all contents inside and have fun without chainsaw sound.

Will it help if I want chainsaw to emit sound when used on blocks but not when just held in hands?