Quantum- and Nano-Helmet suggestion.

• Quantum armour already protects you from lava. Wear a full set and you can swim in it for a very long time (it nullifies all damage). It's also good for working with bees, since it cures all poison and again stops you from taking any damage.

Also, the quantum suit is superior to the nanosuit in every way. The helmet lets you breathe underwater, feeds you and offers better damage protection. The boots are not the same as the nanosuit, since they eliminate fall damage and let you jump extremely high (more so than Thaumcraft's boots, I dare say). The chestplate doesn't have any special abilities beyond the nanosuit, but blocks out all damage.

My normal attire is quantum helmet, trousers and boots along with a lappack (though the lappack gets switched out for the chestplate while in the Nether or End). If I still had my Efficiency V/Fortune III diamond drill from IC2 v1.43, I'd never take the chestplate off.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Ok. I get it. Quantum suit is lot of fun. Still I don't feel that. It gives some passive things. When I am playing with IC2 there is so much fun stuff. Like jetpacks. Good that You can fly with that, but You don't know anything about flight. Height on with You are, speed, fuel/energy left (that is damn important for me). Thing about energy. I am pretty lazy and don't remember with machine takes what maks input, so I endup with plenty explosions. Why that would not be displayed on HUD? I know that I am... well, being a thorn in a side, but that is no so hard to imagine such features, or to code them down (already have bunch of them coded, few more and I will post my mod on forum).
    There is some things that I personally would really like to have with IC2. As I stated about that HUD dispaly when worn advanced helmets.
    Also I really would see some items that are not present. The thing is that I would like to have a palette of item to use in each tier. Items would be dependent on what I want to do, or for gameplay style. Thing is that You have pretty one set of items per tier.
    I liked idea of much powerfull solar helmet presented in solar helmet thread (RichardG's), 9 EU/t would be so awesome for powering lappack. upgraded static boots? also nice to have. I would also would see a device to power quantum suit. It could use uranium as fuel, or something else, but when lost in nether (I do get lost often), quantum suit get so quickly drained down...
    Another thing... You run in hight-tech, player-sustaining piece of armor, but You shot mob with a bow... Well there is also a mining laser (but it's mining)... well mining laser is so expensive in EU (and no quantum armor energy supply), that hostile enviroment it get's pretty unusable... Don't know... Well items from IC2 are really nice, and using them give much fun. And entire IC2 mod... Machines, power system, tools, armor (and that bronze) are much more fun that other mods. For example. I still use macerators for most of time, and still I have pulverizers from Thermal Expansion. The same with mining tools. I love lappacks, and DDrill, and from others mods I have more costless, or more efficient tools (Thaumcraft elemental tools, they are mostly too strong to be real).
    I also don't know what to do with irridium ore. have to get UUm to get that, and when I have quantum gear, then... Well, stocks of UUm I have also... and what to do with that? I use also advanced solars mods so I can utilize irridum ore on something. I would like to see other uses for irridium ore.