[1.97+SMP] Berries++ 1.0a - blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and more!

• Ever wanted to grow berries in IndustrialCraft^2? With Berries++, now you can.

Crops:

Vine - planted with a vine, drops vines
    Blackberry - planted with a blackberry, drops blackberries
    Raspberry - planted with a raspberry, drops raspberries
    Blueberry - planted with a blueberry, drops blueberries
    Huckleberry - planted with a huckleberry, drops huckleberries

Each grows in three stages: seed, unripe, and ripe. Crops can be picked when ripe, and revert to unripe. Growth rate is similar to melons/pumpkins. If you're lucky enough you may be able to acquire berries by crossing vines with other crops.

Installation and Configuration:

Important: while Berries++ supplies its own crops, it does not add any new items itself. Another mod is required to add the berry items. You can configure the item IDs and damage values in config/Berries++.cfg as needed, or set to 0 to disable. If you don't use another mod, you'll only be able to grow vines.

Berries++ comes configured with default IDs matching the Trees++ mod. Note Berries++ is not endorsed or affiliated by Trees++; its a separate independently-developed project, and Trees++ is not required to use Berries++ although it does work well with it. If anyone is interested in designing & adding custom items to Berries++ itself, it would be much appreciated :).

1. Install Trees++ or another mod with berries
    2. Edit config/Berries++.cfg if needed to enable/disable/match the item IDs
    3. Add Berries++ to the "mods" folder on your client and server

Screenshots:

Downloads:

Client: Berries++-1.0a-client-r1.zip
    Server: Berries++-1.0a-server-r1.zip
    Bukkit: Berries++-1.0a-mcpc1.2.5-r1.zip

Change log:

1.0a

• Fix "invalid character in config" file error (delete config/Berries++.cfg)
    • Add mcmod.info
    • Test with IC2 v1.97

• Initial release for IC2 v1.95b

Old versions:

License:

Berries++ is open source, published under the BSD license. This mod is presently very simple, any contributions or forks are welcome. Code is available at https://github.com/mushroomhostage/ic2-berries.

• I don't use Trees++ but I just want to thank you anyways for adding a new CropCard mod. I hope to see more of your work in the future.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• It's nice to see another cropcard addon. Not nearly enough people making them, even if they seem to be simple compared to normal IC2 addons, which often add new blocks with special features.
    I was going to use Trees++, but it edits 9 base class files, and I don't think I should risk that with this install. So I guess I won't be using this addon right now.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• Woo!!! One of the things that always irked me about Trees++ was that the berry bushes were so inferior to Inficraft's, this addon makes me _happy_ :)

It works great for me in single player - with the minor exception that the crops flicker green/black occasionally.

It's not working for me on Bukkit though. Then again, crops themselves have problems with the cb build. With IC2 included in the server jar, I can plant berries in crops normally and see the flickering as in SSP. However, the crops never grow past their initial state and they do not persist through a server reboot. :( Have not tried regular SMP yet.

• Hey thanks everyone for their interest. Not really expecting this mod to get too popular in its current state, its fairly niche.. originally I was planning on making my own items (so the mod would be independent except for IC2, though it could optionally integrate with and use items from other mods), then making tons of different berries you could crossbreed to produce interesting and unique effects – but I might not get around to doing all that, so I figured I'd release what I have so far :).

Woo!!! One of the things that always irked me about Trees++ was that the berry bushes were so inferior to Inficraft's, this addon makes me _happy_ :)

It works great for me in single player - with the minor exception that the crops flicker green/black occasionally.

It's not working for me on Bukkit though. Then again, crops themselves have problems with the cb build. With IC2 included in the server jar, I can plant berries in crops normally and see the flickering as in SSP. However, the crops never grow past their initial state and they do not persist through a server reboot. :( Have not tried regular SMP yet.

What builds of MCPC and IC2 are you using? With IC2 1.95b r2 on MCPC build 91 (current recommended) with Forge 3.1.3.105 and many other mods, I'm not seeing either problems: the crops don't flicker for me (in SSP nor SMP), they grow as normal, and do persist after restarting the server. Not seeing any other problems with the regular crops either. Can you test if any other cropcard add-ons work as expected? Maybe its a bug with IC2 and the new versions of Forge/FML/MCPC?

• Are the stats supposed to be Gr10Ga10Re10?
    It's quite high for a new plant.

I am something similar to a cat.