Energy-Source Upgrade

• It would, in short, allow machines to pass energy to other machines, making wiring up a line of machines much less space-consuming (at a cost).
    Possible Implementations:
    -Standard upgrade; Turns the machine into an eu-conductor, like a wire without affecting other functions (not 100% sure if this is possible)
    -Can be placed onto the side of a machine, ala redpower frames + panels. The upgraded side would conduct energy, like the dotted side of an eu storage block
    -Standard upgrade; the number of upgrades determines which face of the machine outputs power.

I admit to being inspired by Redpower's blutricity, and how blulectric machines conduct power, making more compact builds easier to execute. Any thoughts?

Edit: A recipe for Kevindude:
    :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron:
    :Nano Saber::Batbox::Nano Saber:
    :Refined Iron: :Electronic Circuit: :Refined Iron:

Where :Nano Saber: is Splitter cable

Edit the second: added some more thoughts from the reply-ers. Thanks guys!

• How bout just one single upgrade for conductive machines? I'm sure that would be easier to code.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• I just use redpower miniblocks to hide my wirering, but this sounds kinda cool so +1 IF you put a good recipe up.

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• Good idea, not a fan of the "Number means direction" thing. Maybe crafting it over and over again changes it's direction? F.e. you craft it, and get, let's say, conductor #1. Craft that with itself, and you get #2, craft #2, you get #3, and so on, back to crafting #6, which yields you #1 again.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• Why not simple "take from all sides, give to all sides" ?
    Any machine can behave as an insulated wire. Wire material based on EU quantity it can "swallow". EU per tick based on Transformer upgrade.
    This way easy for players.

Or in case developers would like more effective variant:
    "Output Upgrade" applicable to machine side, not the slot inside. Make this side capable to release excess EU instead of take EU. Drop by Wrench or Machine detach.
    Additionally if this Upgrade used on any generator if will not output EU on side without it. So Solars and others can be chained without wires and reduce lag radically.
    This way EU flow is determined and should not demand much calculations.
    Also this variant can be unified with Upgrade application as in ThaumCraft.