better MK II plan than in the reactor plan sticky

• So my first reactor was this one here. It wasn't easy building any of it.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…10101001511f21s1r14lflr10

but on my test world I built another 6 chamber to test the alarm GUI in nuclear control (it isn't opening for some reason) and I did this setup for the reactor
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…voejou9jbs6t3uf23i2nz0vsw

the problem with the first plan is it eats coolant cells for breakfast... this design is running until the MFSU is full (about 20% now) and it hasn't killed a single coolant cell yet.

30 minutes into the cycle and I still haven't lost a single cell... Maybe my plan should replace the one in the sticky

• That design is exactly the same as the one in my topic. I do not see a reason to replace it since Ragan was the first to make that design. Unless your design is actualy better i cannot replace the one in the list.

I think he want's to replace my design with the second one. He claims my design is eating coolant cells and his one can last longer and thus is better.

OP: Most probably you did something wrong when running my design. I tried it myself and it was definitely not eating coolant cells. It can run at least 15 cycles, while yours can do 3. That makes me believe mine is better.

• I am not saying that his should be removed by any means. I am saying that I found one that isn't requiring a steady stream of materials. I will have to shoot video of the two reactors side by side and y'all can see what is happening. A project for monday.

I copied your design cell by cell exactly by printing out the design. Within about a 30 minute span half the coolant cells were gone in the reactor.

Rick if you look closely at the two design ragan's design is heavy on coolant cells, where as mine is equally distributing the cells around. This is probably why his design gets more cycles than mine. I let mine run full cycle and at the end of it all my coolant cells and heat dispersers where still intact.