[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Repulsion Systems

• Tube force fields do this to any force field on the same frequency that was activated before them

Revision 10 changes:

• Made forcefields instantly break boats that are stuck in them (Fixes an exploit). With a zapper upgrade, they will also break boats that touch them.
    • Internal changes to allow large forcefields to have inhibitor upgrades without lagging.
    • Fixed vertical tube projectors in "front" mode (If they were even broken before)
    • Added a cooldown to field activation and deactivation to prevent spam. It takes about 1 tick per 40 force field blocks. A cube with a radius of 16 will take about 8 seconds. Adjustable by cooldownBlocksPerTick in the config.
    • Removed recipe for remote reactor link, since it didn't even do anything.
    • Removed ID-tool mode of MFD, since it was useless. If you have one, you can still craft it back to wrench mode. Crafting a wrench-mode MFD now switches it to...
    • Offset mode. Right click on any side of a projector to shift the entire field in that direction. Sneak to shift in opposite direction. Works on all fields.
    • Added recipe for the inhibitor upgrade (machine block + 4 carbon plates)
    • Allowed wiring directly to cores.
    • Disabled recipe for EU injector.
    • Cores accept energy in complete packets, so no more increased cable losses.
    • Cores will not use any EU's if that would waste energy (if there's <10 FP missing)
    • Projectors now drop their contents when broken (but not reactor monitors and camouflage upgrades)
    • Frequency cards (all types) can be crafted by themselves to reset them.

Excellent work! I'm especially glad to see the cool down, as that has caused some incredible lag on my server if anyone accidentally left a force-field on with insufficient generators (like a couple of solar panels). The only thing I can think of immediately is a hole generator, so we can get inside our own force-fields without a cumbersome setup. (Like using a tube projector, seeing as you'd be stuck with it either inside or outside, and you not having access to it, or having a gaping hole in your defenses.)

• When updating to mffs rev10 + IC2 v1.103 (from mffs rev7 + IC2 v1.95b) I'm getting a bunch of warnings in the server log:

• 19:39:35 [INFO] [IC2] WARNING: mffs.TileEntityGeneratorCore@2f412d31 didn't implement demandsEnergy() properly, no energy from injectEnergy accepted although demandsEnergy() returned true.

I'll have to ask the IC2 devs, my code seems right:

(injectEnergy returns the amount of energy not accepted)

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• I think I have found a bug in rev 10 when using the reactor containment field generator with just a reactor it creates a 5x5x5 force field thus breaking the redstone input (in my case a lever) wich stops the forcefield spilling water all over the place and with a reactor with 6 reactor chambers (or less) it doen't create a force field at all

that's the only one i found (since it is currently the only one i am using ;) )

• in rev 10, the reactor containment projector creates the field around
    itself not the reactor. also not sure if it's connected but even trying
    to have the field up for more than a few seconds drains power at an
    incredibly increased rate. full blue bar gone in about 10 seconds.

• I am really confused, why are their two different MFFS mods. Which seem to be wholly incompatible, yet offer a large amount of similar features.

• I am really confused, why are their two different MFFS mods. Which seem to be wholly incompatible, yet offer a large amount of similar features.

Immibis ported this mod to bukkit while it was still in version 1. There was no bukkit version at that time.
    Right after that the original modmaker (ThunderDark) released version 2, WITH bukkit support (with some help from Immibis IIRC)
    Some people like the old system where upgrades are blocks and not items better I guess?

• Rev10.1:

• Fixed dome upgrades on area projectors.
    • Added them to tube projectors. (They're pretty useless on vertical ones)
    • Fixed reactor field projectors.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• My console has been spamming this...

So uh, what does it mean?

Edit: It only happens when I start up my directional with extenders FF.

• rev10.2:

• Fixed console spam from directional extenders.
    • Fixed being able to offset a directional extender independently from the main projector.

Battery snot included.

• Is it possible to allow the tube projector to do a circle/rectangle for its length, similar to how the area projector has cube/sphere? It would be much appreciated.

• Poll added about the reactor-related blocks in 1.3.2 and 1.106.
    I would like to remove them, since there's now a mod specifically for reactor monitoring.

Battery snot included.

• I believe the best solution is adding a configuration. It allows end users to decide if they want to keep it or remove it, which may vary depending on application. Why remove that freedom if you don't have to?

EDIT: On the topic of configuration options, would it be possible to add some to change the hard values for things like energy consumption and such? Most people won't need them, but it would be immensely helpful for balancing as an administrator/server owner.

• Version 50.0.0pr2 (note the version numbering changed) for 1.3.2 is attached to this post. Please expect bugs and report any you find. It is a prerelease.

Known bugs so far:
    * You can't see which way things are facing.
    * GUI buttons do not work. This turned out to be a bug in Immibis Core, which is fixed in PR3 of that.

Files

Battery snot included.

Edited 2 times, last by immibis ().

• immibis

if you really keep the old version on live please rename it to Immibis's Modular Forcefields THX
    currently there is a huge mess that both have same named... see Youtube, Google,..
    every second report Bugs and Suggestions for you Version in my direction :huh::huh:

my offer for cooperation at common Version of Modular Force Field System still exists have everything on github.

if no interest PLAESE change the Mod Name 8)

• It be neat to see more devs working together. I mean heck if people need certain features or wants I mean not hard to have options too so most people can be pretty happy.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• 50.0.2:

• Fixed camouflaged field blocks being broken in SMP. (requires Immibis Core update)
    • In Bukkit only, added a config option to make the mod try to stop players from lagging through forcefields.
    • Fixed direction being invisible.
    • Renamed the mod to Advanced Repulsion Systems.

(edit: fixed BBcode fail)

Also new poll, about the reactor heat control block, since you can still use that to build a CASUC.

Battery snot included.

Edited once, last by immibis ().