RogerRoger

• RogerRoger.dnsdynamic.com

UPDATED!

what we are running:
    Forge Mod Loader v3.0.196.366
    Minecraft Forge 4.1.1.251
    Buildcraft A-3.2.0pre7
    IC2 v1.107 open beta (d/l and installed 10/18/2012)
    Snyke7 's Transformers 1.4
    IC2Nuclear control v1.3.2
    forestry 1.5.0.2
    railcraft 6.5.0.0

still waiting on redpower...

rules:
    no griefing
    all reactors need to be inspected before they are turned on the first time. we don't need craters i couldn't judge reactors if i wanted to anymore. just make sure you have a containment building.
    Feel free to tie into the main eu grid, but no mass fabs on the grid
    please be respectful of other players.
    Signs are important...they mark, explain, and warn

new players will be given a free bed and map by me the first time i see them.

• Bumped for update!

i invite you to come see The Exodus (super star destroyer), just off spawn. It is still under construction mind you...

• server is down while i update forge and railcraft to latest versions

edit:
    went ahead and bumped up to the beta, which can be found in the support section of the forum

• server was down due to a lightning strike. i also took the opportunity to update railcraft.

more ram allocated to the server aswell. no lag from the anchors or quarries for a while.

• ok, easy question. with the ports/updates over the next few weeks, and the obvious lack of supplies due to the late addition of mods...

Should I reset the server world?

I know that besides myself, there isn't much anyone has built quite yet (as far as i can tell, anyway). I also know that the biomes are a bit sketchy where i (and spawn) are at.

so that leaves us three options
    -leave the server be.
    -reset the map, but use the same seed
    -reset the map, using [X] seed or the randomly generated seed

also, if there is anything else you'd like to see or have done during the port, feel free to post.

an additional mod, valve pipes, will be added in the next update, to help with steam transport. valve pipes are a RS engine/pipe in 1, with the capacity of gold pipe. here's a link http://www.minecraftforum.net/…t-valve-pipe-and-more-12/

• server down. packet issues. looking to resolve.
    server most likely won't be up for quite a while.

• ok. so an update(the short version) on the server (if anyone is left).
    I was hosting the server at a friend's house. The server packet spammed due to a secondary program i was not aware of going rogue on my box.
    I can no longer host my server there, so i'm working on alternatives.

meanwhile, a key question has been nagging at me...
    Bukkit?

The concept of every player potentially having their own world on my server, but being able to travel between them via one central world has always come across to me as a good idea. Friends could share a world aswell.
    even better...all these worlds being having their chunks loaded while the player is away (at the player's discretion, i still have hardware limitations, but we have chunkloaders for that)

while this would kill any machine running windows, i know quite a bit about a few linux distros, and could run the server more easily as a service off a linux box than an application on a windows machine.

open to suggestions