Bloodlust - Discussion

• I just read it and it definitely has an interesting take on vampirism, although is the setting modern day or in the future as the city is Neo York, was that a typo or a play on New York indicating that it takes place in the future? I would say that you probably shouldn't be worried about your stories' subject matter as Stephen King wrote Firestarter which ended up getting banned in many places for containing writing of more things than just the violence and death your stories contain, and he turned out fine didn't he?

Also

She was fucked... literally...

I see what you did there :rolleyes:

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

I just read it and it definitely has an interesting take on vampirism, although is the setting modern day or in the future as the city is Neo York, was that a typo or a play on New York indicating that it takes place in the future? I would say that you probably shouldn't be worried about your stories' subject matter as Stephen King wrote Firestarter which ended up getting banned in many places for containing writing of more things than just the violence and death your stories contain, and he turned out fine didn't he?

It's not exactly vampirism though it does effectively share a few main components, I guess.
    Je, the setting is an undefined near future. "Neo York" effectively causes every reader to associate the city with New York, giving them a basic idea of the city itself, but still permits me to add whatever location I want, because it's not exactly the same town :3

Also

I see what you did there :rolleyes:

I hope the actual wordpun still came across right. Writing "She was going to" would have defeated the purpouse of the 'literally'.
    Though I could've written "She was fucked... or rather going to be, within the next minutes."