Coffee Plant(?) isn't growing?

• Hello! I'm a budding agriculture engineer here in a private Tekkit SMP server. I started growing crops aiming for coffee beans and after quite some time I have successfully crossbred a plant that *looks* like a coffee bean plant. Unfortunately to my dismay, it has been 12 hours since I've gotten it but the beans are not maturing for harvest nor it can be crossbred. Does a coffee bean plant have a special condition ( Which I can't seem to find anything about it ), or its not even a coffee bean plant, or is it something else entirely I am missing?

Thank you in advance :D !

Heres a screenshot (I'm using the sphanx texture pack.)

http://imgur.com/qx9li

• Young coffee plants share a texture with young ferru and aurelia plants. The former requires a block of iron ore under the dirt block to fully mature; the latter requires a block of gold ore. It's also possible that it's just taking a crazy long time to mature; coffee tends to take more time to reach the last stage of its growth than it does to reach the second, or third.

• Thank you for replying!

I have ferru in my collection of crops, and they look like this in the Sphax texture pack, and Aurelia comes with a slightly more golden shade on the "leaves".
    It's highly unlikely to be redwheat, but I've laid down a redstone torch nearby anyway. I agree, it might be just the plant taking its own sweet time :( . I didn't know that that amount of time is possible for coffee bean plants to mature, so thank you so much for that piece of information! Cheers!

http://imgur.com/H0vMd

Edited once, last by SmileyBun: Whoops forgot to add the ferru image link. ().

• How in the heck are people supposed to know about these wacky growing conditions? Block of iron? gold? redstone torches? I've been looking up cross-breeding for weeks now and this is the first I've heard of this. All I wanted was to stock my buddy's tavern with the finest booze available, and maybe grow some neat plants, but this stuff is as unknowable and complicated as trying to invent one's own science. Google, you have FAILED me.

• How in the heck are people supposed to know about these wacky growing conditions? Block of iron? gold? redstone torches? I've been looking up cross-breeding for weeks now and this is the first I've heard of this. All I wanted was to stock my buddy's tavern with the finest booze available, and maybe grow some neat plants, but this stuff is as unknowable and complicated as trying to invent one's own science. Google, you have FAILED me.

Really? It's all right here under the guide by raGan which seems to always be on the first page of agricultural engineering despite being created in late January, so to answer your question, people know this stuff because the information has been around for so long as it can also be found in the Q & A Thread which has existed since even earlier than the previously mentioned one, did you think to read the Crops page on the wiki which links rather explicitly to this forum section? Searching for weeks seems like an over-exaggeration

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l