No Industrial Craft Ores Anywhere!

• The problem: I can't find any industrial craft ores anywhere on the map.
    Events leading up to the problem: I tried to update Minecraft. I made sure to make a backup of the minecraft.jar file before doing so, and then afterwards I copied over my mods. So that's when I noticed that I couldn't find any industrial craft ores. I then reverted to my backup minecraft.jar file, but I still couldn't find any ores.
    Question(s): Does anybody know a way to fix this? My brother suggested that I install a map editor and copy everything I care about on the map (ie my house) and then paste it onto a reset version of the map. Would this work and if so how should I go about it? Is there an easier way to fix the problem than that?
    Thanks so much guys!

• The problem: I can't find any industrial craft ores anywhere on the map.
    Events leading up to the problem: I tried to update Minecraft. I made sure to make a backup of the minecraft.jar file before doing so, and then afterwards I copied over my mods. So that's when I noticed that I couldn't find any industrial craft ores. I then reverted to my backup minecraft.jar file, but I still couldn't find any ores.
    Question(s): Does anybody know a way to fix this? My brother suggested that I install a map editor and copy everything I care about on the map (ie my house) and then paste it onto a reset version of the map. Would this work and if so how should I go about it? Is there an easier way to fix the problem than that?
    Thanks so much guys!

is the MC version compatible with the IC2 version?Either way its something with the IC2 class that handles ore gen.Reinstall and retry.

• Is it a new world or an old one?

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.