Informative reactor notation

• Skavier kindly asked me not to post in his threads, so I will use it as an excuse to start a new one :)

Here is my suggestion for new reactor notation. It is supposed to be informative, and cover all known types (that make sense). It is similar to usual electronic components designations.

Notation starts with number, equal to reactor EU/t when it is on. Can be omitted for breeder.

Then reactor type and effectivity
    E## - energy reactor. ## is effectivity, in eu/t per single uranium cell.
    B## - breeder. ## how many cells are bred per cycle. If more than one uranium cells is used up per cycle, then it is followed by /#, where # is number of cells.

Optionally, "adjusted" effectivity can be written as "/##" after or instead of effectivity number. Adjusted effectivity takes into account energy cost of used up materials - 180k EU per UU used for making copper, iron, lapis etc.

Then subtype
    N## - (optional) reactor is using up neutron reflectors. ## is how many single reflectors used up per cycle (also optional).
    L## - reactor is using lapis for condensators. ## is how many used per cycle (optional).
    C## - reactor is using extra reactors for cooling Cooling Cells. ## is how many seconds between single cell should be completely recharged, on average (optional).
    M## - microcyle reactor, uses timer or some other mean to limit working time. ## is ratio of total time (working and cooling) to working time

For better readability, spaces or "-" can be used between parts, and letters can be replaced with small.

Examples:

B48 - breeder that breeds 48 cells per cycle, using one full cell
    B200/2 - breeder that breeds 200 cells per cycle using 2 full cells

4000E20/12L2500 - reactor that generate 4000 eu/t, at 20eu/t per single cell (or 40 eu/t per quad), using 2500 of Lapis condensators refueling. Can be alternatively written as
    4000E20 L2500, E20L, 4000EL, 4000E20-L2500, E/12L etc

140E35N16 - reactor with 4 quad neutron reflectors around one quad uranium cell.
    Alternatively can be written as 140EN or 140E35-N

Types of reactor can be referred simply as E (energy, without consumed parts except uranium cells), EN (energy with reflectors used), EL, EC, EM or B.

• It would be important to know if a design uses single, dual or quad cells. They cost quite alot and you simply burn those resources up.

Good point. I can't figure how to do it better, though, especially with C (copper) letter being used up bu Coolant Cells. Probably, with U - U1 for all single, U4 for all quad, fractions for mixed.

I'll also add option to show "adjusted" effectivity, taking in account used up materials.

• Good point. I can't figure how to do it better, though, especially with C (copper) letter being used up bu Coolant Cells. Probably, with U - U1 for all single, U4 for all quad, fractions for mixed.

I'll also add option to show "adjusted" effectivity, taking in account used up materials.

three letters: S, D, Q ;)
    also, this is only important if the lower duration of dual and quad cells is NOT a bug. i only heard people saying that it is, but i haven't seen alblakas statement to this claim. maybe i just missed the post.

• three letters: S, D, Q ;)
    also, this is only important if the lower duration of dual and quad cells is NOT a bug. i only heard people saying that it is, but i haven't seen alblakas statement to this claim. maybe i just missed the post.

Doesnt matter single cell uranium doesnt require copper while quad cells require quite a bit of copper. Burning up single cells is cheaper.

• Doesnt matter single cell uranium doesnt require copper while quad cells require quite a bit of copper. Burning up single cells is cheaper.

Quad cells are more efficient, though. Furthermore, I've yet to encounter a copper shortage after my first serious mining expedition. Quite the contrary, I often skip copper while mining just because I don't have anyplace to put the stuff.

• Let's see. One quad cell = 1/2 uranium ore = 5 copper plates = 40 copper. Four reflectors = 4*5 copper plates = 160 copper.
    It costs 200 copper ingots to run 140eu/t reactor... for one cycle. And one half of uranium ore.

If you make copper with UU, 200 copper = 60uu = 10.8kk eu. Huge part of 28kk eu generated. 38%. So, E35NU4 reactor is E/22NU4 reactor.

So, if you want to get rid from some copper - go ahead, but once you burned all of it in copper reactor, you may want to consider other options.

• Let's see. One quad cell = 1/2 uranium ore = 5 copper plates = 40 copper. Four reflectors = 4*5 copper plates = 160 copper.
    It costs 200 copper ingots to run 140eu/t reactor... for one cycle. And one half of uranium ore.

If you make copper with UU, 200 copper = 60uu = 10.8kk eu. Huge part of 28kk eu generated. 38%. So, E35NU4 reactor is E/22NU4 reactor.

So, if you want to get rid from some copper - go ahead, but once you burned all of it in copper reactor, you may want to consider other options.

Quad cells are better for higher-output reactors. Lower-output reactors can afford the space requirements of single-cells. But if you're wanting to produce some 2k Eu/tic, you're gonna need quad cells.

• Quad cells are more efficient, though. Furthermore, I've yet to encounter a copper shortage after my first serious mining expedition. Quite the contrary, I often skip copper while mining just because I don't have anyplace to put the stuff.

They are not put 4 single cells next to each other and you got a cheap quad cell.

It should be added because you are simply increasing the fuel costs. It can get quite expensive per cycle.