Suggestion: Click swap for tools.

• I realize that this might require a change inside minecraft forge to pull off so I'm expecting this to get shot down, but I figured I might try at least so here goes:

IC2 uses quite a few destructable items, or tools. There's a flaw in vanilla minecraft with this item type that makes click-swapping two of the same item types impossible. In IC2 the following items all exhibit this behavior: batteries, energy crystals, integrated heat dispersers, uranium cells, coolant cells, reactor plates, drills, chainsaws, basically anything that has a damage bar. This becomes painful to swap same type items in and out of machines. An example: Pick up an empty energy crystal from your inventory, place it in a MFE to charge. When that is fully charged, pick up another energy crystal, and try and swap it with the fully charged energy crystal in the MFE. It won't swap the two. Likewise, swapping partially damaged reactor components with fresh counterparts requires alot of clicking as well.

• Official Post

I realize that this might require a change inside minecraft forge to pull off so I'm expecting this to get shot down, but I figured I might try at least so here goes:

IC2 uses quite a few destructable items, or tools. There's a flaw in vanilla minecraft with this item type that makes click-swapping two of the same item types impossible. In IC2 the following items all exhibit this behavior: batteries, energy crystals, integrated heat dispersers, uranium cells, coolant cells, reactor plates, drills, chainsaws, basically anything that has a damage bar. This becomes painful to swap same type items in and out of machines. An example: Pick up an empty energy crystal from your inventory, place it in a MFE to charge. When that is fully charged, pick up another energy crystal, and try and swap it with the fully charged energy crystal in the MFE. It won't swap the two. Likewise, swapping partially damaged reactor components with fresh counterparts requires alot of clicking as well.

True, true. Nothing we can do though, as you guessed correctly, this would be a basefile modification.
    Probably note it to the MCForge team.