Redstone Output from Batbox

• Now I notice there's a button for energy storage units that it will do certain things with redstone depending on how it is set. Let me explain what I'm trying to accomplish... because I think I can but I'm not sure...

From a previous thread, I have at the top of a mountain a windmill farm. This runs straight down to a batbox (40 blocks down), then another 40 or so to an MFS. The MFS is hooked up also to a geothermal generator. Currently, I have a splitter that allows me to shut off the geothermal generator. This way, it will drain from the batbox on top first, and then when I notice that batbox is out (the MFS is draining) I can flip on the geotherm.

Now if the batbox can output redstone signal when its full, 1/2 full, empty or whatever... I should be able to wire it so that when its empty, it turns on the geotherm so the batbox can fully recharge. Basically I want it to PREFER to use energy from the windmills rather than only drawing from them after the geotherm is exhausted.

I haven't found any sort of guide / help on wiring redstone with batboxes and such. I cannot get the batbox to ouput and redstone signal either way... I don't think I am doing it correctly... I am putting redstone next to the batbox. Any help or suggestions?

• Hm Nevermind. Seems there's a bug that the batbox doesn't emit a redstone signal. Maybe its possible I can get around that issue by using an MFE at the top as well instead... does anyone know if that is bugged?

• As far as I know, redstone behaviour in all energy storage blocks is buggy at the moment. If you really have your heart set on messing around with them, I'd suggest dropping back to a prior version of minecraft and IC2, or waiting until the next release of IC2 comes around -- or try to use another method, maybe.

I don't know if EU detector cables might help your specific case, but I think those aren't broken, so maybe try that?