Installing Forge

• So,

today I figured I should install minecraft back and grab all my usual mods to it, including Industrialcraft 1.106. So much has changed since v1.90 and I'm absolutely baffled about all the new things you need to do in order to get the mod working.

Mainly installing forge is giving me a headache (so far), it used to be a drag and drop installation but now it requires me to use MCP (don't even know what it stands for).
    Granted, I'm not the most techy guy you could find, but usually I get my way around... Not this time.

After copying the fresh server.jar and /%appdata%/.minecraft/bin and resources folders into the jars folder of mcp and starting the forge install, everything installs just fine. When I use the startclient.bat minecraft starts just fine and I can see it loading forge and modloader in the cmd, however once I copy my industrialcraft to the mods folder, minecraft refuses to start, just a black screen with bunch of errors in the cmd screen.

To make things even more complicated, once I move the modified jars back to .minecraft folder, they work like they don't have forge/modloader applied. Needless to say industrialcraft isn't loading either.

Guess there's been other threads about this aswell, but I couldn't manage to find them.

I must be doing something seriously wrong, since I don't think the install is really this hard.

Regards
    Sereor

• Wait, what?

You are just trying to play minecraft, correct?

MCP is needed when you are trying to write a mod.

I think you downloaded the wrong version of forge. You need to download the universal version not the src version, src is for mod developers.

Nothing has changed in the instal procedure from 1.90 other then you don't need to install modloader or modloaderMP anymore.

Drag the forge files into the minecraft.jar like you did before... Put IC2 and your other mods into the mods folder.

• There we go, yeah I took the source version...

Thank you for pointing that out to me, hopefully will work once I get back to home.

:Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: for you