Possible Fix for No Sounds

• First of all, I'm not sure where this post should go. Move it if it's in the incorrect area.
    Your AudioManager confuses me. From what JD-GUI has shown me, here's what you need (or can try) doing:

In TileEntityElectricMachine, you use AudioSource.stop() instead of cull(). Cull flushes the sound system and basically 'ends' the audio. More efficient than stop(). In onNetworkEvent, case 2, replace

case 2:
    if (this.audioSource != null) this.audioSource.stop();
    break;

with

case 2:
    if (this.audioSource != null) this.audioSource.cull();
    break;

tell me if my genius fixes your problem.

EDIT:

if that doesn't work, try checking if the audio source is currently playing in AudioSourceClient.java.

public void stop()
    {
    if (!this.valid) return;
    if (!this.isPlaying) return;
    -> if (!this.soundSystem.playing(sourceName) return;

this.isPlaying = false;

this.soundSystem.stop(this.sourceName);
    }

-aidancbrady

• I wonder why there isn't a place for coding suggestions? It seems like we have at least a dozen people that understand IC2's code and have ideas as to how to improve it, but I have never seen any of their suggestions put into use (or, at least it's not being acknowledged). I mean, if there's one place that the devs should look at from time to time, it would be that place.

• I am guessing that this fix requires recompiling or decompiling. Whatever the right term is and as you can obviously tell I have no clue how to do that. Can anyone upload the file fixed so that we can have sound in ic2? I am using version 1.108 for MC 1.4.2. Thanks!!