[Suggestion]: Remove possibility of nuclear explosion from reactor/ And more stuff about generator rework idea

• Official Post

That if reactors couldn't explode, why did it explode in japan?

Whatever.

The same reason IC² reactors do explode : Overheat
    Excess heat will simply melt the core producing tons of steam which will cause extreme pressure, BOOM! -> radioactive steam/heavy water on the enviroment...

• Excess heat will simply melt the core producing tons of steam which will cause extreme pressure, BOOM!

Fukushima exploded because of Hydrogen creation, not because of extreme pressure.
    Just to say ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Fukushima exploded because of Hydrogen creation, not because of extreme pressure.
    Just to say ^^

You mean, H2O electrolyzed into H2 and O2, then H2 got burned (since it is extremely flammable) and exploded everything?
    I bet explosions also cause pressure =D

• no reactor exploded in japan. Also, Chernobyl did explode, but it was not similar to a nuclear bomb explosion. Chernobyl was a RBMK, which was an early generation 2 reactor design, much different than the reactor designs that are in service today.

so is your home country Ukraine or Japan?

• Fukushima exploded because of Hydrogen creation, not because of extreme pressure.
    Just to say ^^

Thank you, this statement is correct. The reactor pressure vessel will be vented in the event of loss of coolant before it can explode from overpressure. In venting the reactor the hydrogen built up in the secondary containment structure and hydrogen is very flammable of course. The hydrogen is created from a reaction with the Zircaloy cladding and high temperature steam which causes oxidation and release of hydrogen. so the reactor itself did not ever explode, but the fuel melted.

By the way i dont know if someone asked developers to look at this suggestion but I didn't. and please don't. I understand that my ideas won't be implemented because they are not practical for a mine craft mod. So disregard suggestion.