• I want to make an addon where redstone requires electricity to run so things that only work with redstone are much easier to make and whatever

yes, I know there are these 2 cables that emit or use redstone, but they have to actually go to a storage thing and that is what ruins it.

so I am asking for how to make addons

please tell me if there are already addons for this and if I broke any rules

• First, this assumes you have enough Java knowledge to actually pull this off

Refer to this thread on how to decompile IC2 to begin coding your addon, however if I get what you are thinking about making (an addon where redstone needs electricity to run) I'm not certain of Forge's full capabilities, but my guess is that that may require anywhere from minor to major base file modification (assuming you know what that is)

EDIT: No there are no addons that do this, you have not broken any rules by asking (why would you?)

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• First, this assumes you have enough Java knowledge to actually pull this off

Refer to this thread on how to decompile IC2 to begin coding your addon, however if I get what you are thinking about making (an addon where redstone needs electricity to run) I'm not certain of Forge's full capabilities, but my guess is that that may require anywhere from minor to major base file modification (assuming you know what that is)

EDIT: No there are no addons that do this, you have not broken any rules by asking (why would you?)

I was going to put this in a theoretical addon suggestions sub forum but there wasn't so I decided to make it myself.
    so I guess that ruins any chance of me making an addon. I know nothing about java programming :/

• I was going to put this in a theoretical addon suggestions sub forum but there wasn't so I decided to make it myself.
    so I guess that ruins any chance of me making an addon. I know nothing about java programming :/

Personally, I only know Java basics myself from a class I am taking, but you could ask someone like F4113nb34st, or GregoriusT if it is theoretically possible. To me it doesn't sound like it is, but having never created a mod, I can't be 100% certain of what Forge can do for you.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• theoretically anything is possible, however the more "impossible" it is, the more major of a base modification you have to make
    not that I am saying your mod would be impossible
    depending on what you mean, it could be anywhere from relatively simple with a single base change (BlockRedstoneWire.java)
    to challenging with a couple base class changes
    as for no java knowledge, that can be fixed if you are willing to put in time and effort
    stanford has some pretty decent java classes for free online (Progamming Methodology 1)
    however do expect to pick it up instantly and make your mod, it would probably take you 3+ months to get to the point where you could make something like that
    took me a good 1.5 years to get to my current point (not that I had anyone helping me, but still) and I'm still learning new tips and tricks every day

so, yeah, it's possible, but you have to pay for it in time