EU Generation - Need Suggestions for a severely modified Tekkit SMP

• I'm playing on a quite modified SMP tekkit server, and I want to produce about 8-10k eu/t. (Mass fab machine)

Recently, the server reset maps and the developer and owner added more modifications to the plugins to make the game play for players a bit more complicated. The limitations I have are as follows:

Compact Solars - disabled
    All EU generation reduced by 50%
    All emc values reduced by 50% when condensed or transmuted.
    Energy Collectors - disabled
    Many items emc values reduced to match normal crafting; hence, emc farms greatly balanced (IE Milk Buckets).

Last map I could run up to 32 MK 5 SUC reactors comfortably and generate insurmountable eu; however, this time around there are far more obstacles. I just do not see how I could run 8 MK 5 SUCs (7880eu/t considering the 50% eu nerf and then the 50% emc value -Uranium now costing 8192 to condence, ice now 2 emc) efficiently, and still make a profit off of UUM>Glowstone>Diamonds.

Therefore, I am considering SpwnX's Windmill arrays as a viable option, yet I would have to double the number.

Anyone else have suggestions for me?

• Do Lava Cells still have the same EU value as Coal? Energy Condenser cranking out lava cells can power a whole tower of geothermals. Even at half output, that's still 10 Eu/tic each, so if you set up a tower of them for fantastic Eu output. Resource investment shouldn't be more than a wind tower, with some five times the energy output...

• Official Post

You are using tekkit right?
    It can always be overengineered, let me think a bit...

Tin -> Iron (tin bucket recipe + RP2)
    Bronze -> Iron (bronze minecart recipe [Railcraft] + RP2)
    \-> make windmills
    thinking more...
    Do it have any other mod rather than tekkit?

• You are using tekkit right?
    It can always be overengineered, let me think a bit...

Yes. Only the tekkit pack.

Tin -> Iron (tin bucket recipe + RP2)
    "Bronze -> Iron (bronze minecart recipe [Railcraft] + RP2)
    \-> make windmills"
    thinking more...
    Do it have any other mod rather than tekkit?

What exactly do you mean about :

"Bronze -> Iron (bronze minecart recipe [Railcraft] + RP2)
    \-> make windmills"

Ya. The tough spot about this is, every EMC valued item that could be exploited to gain emc has been balanced.

Hence, Lava Buckets, minecarts etc etc all of them have either had their emc valued reduced, or balanced out to make emc generation far more difficult for the player base. (And trust me on the EMC reductions or balancing, we made a game of trying to build generators or finding every way possible to exploit emc - although there may be something our collective heads have missed)

Don't get me wrong I love that and it makes it a bit more hardcore.

There are no more mods; just the straight tekkit mod pack.

So the issue I am facing is to generate 8-10k eu to run a mass fabricator (2 MFs if this could work), while not condensing too much emc to make a profit on the diamonds/UUM that I would be producing.

• Can you exploit any way of using a volcanite amulet in a deployer to create infinite lava?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Can you exploit any way of using a volcanite amulet in a deployer to create infinite lava?

No. Almost all EE rings have been disabled. Creative idea though. The server has on average 4-50 players and we want the least amount of possible griefing as possible; hence, most power items disabled. ;(

• Is it 1.2.5 or 1.3.2? If it's 1.2.5 a few CASUCs might be suitable (along with EE uranium), If it's 1.3.2 and you want a CASUC, you have some engineering to do

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Do Lava Cells still have the same EU value as Coal? Energy Condenser cranking out lava cells can power a whole tower of geothermals. Even at half output, that's still 10 Eu/tic each, so if you set up a tower of them for fantastic Eu output. Resource investment shouldn't be more than a wind tower, with some five times the energy output...

This sounds viable. I am looking into it. Lava cells have not had their emc value reduced; however, since emc condensing or transmuting is now 50% - 1 lava cell = 2 coal. Therefore, if I drop a Dark Matter in the condenser, the dark matter returns only 50% its emc.

The Gem of eternal destiny has not been nerfed however. This makes mining worthwhile with the gem in an alch bag, or just dropping items into the bag to produce Iron/Gold/Diamonds etc...

• You could use a buildcraft quarry and a gem of eternal density to gain the materials for transmuting EMC into uranium, alternatively you could consider an ender pearl farm, SpwnX can help you with that.

• EE just has too many ways to get Free Stuff (tm), it's impossible to nerf it without completely removing it entirely.

Mooshroom farms (turning bowls into mushroom soup) using RP2 are hilariously efficient, even with a 50% nerf, you'll be producing more than a battery of Energy Collectors Mk 3.

Darkroom mob grinder is also ridiculously good at generating EMC, just use a Transposer where they land to pick up the stuff and tube it to your Energy Condenser to produce lava cells. Plus, it also makes the environment much safer to run around in, because it steals most of the mob spawns.

There's also the Flax Capacitor. Basically, you've got some Transposers with bone meal and flax seeds, and some transposers to pull the resulting flax out, making more seeds and a bunch of string, which then goes to your energy condenser.

Then there's always the option of setting up your Frame Quarry's output (via enderchest) to a simple sorting system. If it is an ore, it gets macerated and smelted. Otherwise, it goes straight to your Condenser. Well, I suppose if you still need scrap production, you could have cobble/dirt/sand sent to the recyclers, ore to be macerated/smelted then sent to your Condenser.

• EE just has too many ways to get Free Stuff (tm), it's impossible to nerf it without completely removing it entirely.

I agree; however, every option you list here has been balanced....

Mooshroom farms (turning bowls into mushroom soup) using RP2 are hilariously efficient, even with a 50% nerf, you'll be producing more than a battery of Energy Collectors Mk 3.

Mushrooms bowls/soup is balanced. No Emc gain.

Darkroom mob grinder is also ridiculously good at generating EMC, just use a Transposer where they land to pick up the stuff and tube it to your Energy Condenser to produce lava cells. Plus, it also makes the environment much safer to run around in, because it steals most of the mob spawns.

Darkrooms have been "shut down" Deployers no longer deploy bonemeal.

There's also the Flax Capacitor. Basically, you've got some Transposers with bone meal and flax seeds, and some transposers to pull the resulting flax out, making more seeds and a bunch of string, which then goes to your energy condenser.

Flax has been reduced to only 1 per plant.

Then there's always the option of setting up your Frame Quarry's output (via enderchest) to a simple sorting system. If it is an ore, it gets macerated and smelted. Otherwise, it goes straight to your Condenser. Well, I suppose if you still need scrap production, you could have cobble/dirt/sand sent to the recyclers, ore to be macerated/smelted then sent to your Condenser.

Enderchests disabled, and there is a "resource world", for mining.

All that to say. I love this servers complications and survival elements. EE makes the game instantly easy. One map I was on I had 200 MFSUs and a Mass Fab system producing stacks of diamonds every 8mins. All of this was done with little effort.

What I am looking for here is a more viable option to produce the EU to have at least 1 mass fabricator going steady while I am loading the chunk.

Right now I am working on possibly a windmill farm or working through the lava cell geothermal plant.

I could Breed cells, yet the effort seems to not be efficient in terms of the time/profit ratio. Correct me if I am wrong in that. My old simple set up was: 8 Reactors - 45x8 cells 9x8 stacks of Ice in mk5 Casuc's - producing 7880 eu/t. These could run 2 mass fabs at 3584 eu/t; leaving me 800 eu/t for my sorting machines and advanced items machines (Solar Panel factory, MFSU factory, etc etc)

This time around, reset map, 1 Uranium is 8192 (If condensed) and Ice is 2 emc (condensed) - cobble is 2 (condenced) in the Mass Fabricator factory.

If there are any other suggestions I invite them!

And thank you for all the input! You guys rock at electrical engineering!

• Its MC version 1.2.55
    Current live version of Tekkit.

I am unsure how I could breed 360 cells from the 8 * MK5 Casuc's I would run if I were to continue to use reactors without considerable time spent in the process. Mind you breeding is still fairly new to me.

• Official Post

Go for wind + scrap generator (you probably have one right?) + mass fabricator.

Then you won't need much energy to make a UUM.

If you don't have scrapgens :
    Lava + RP2 breakers (lava flow probably disabled, right?)
    Miningwell + RP2 breakers
    Quarry + RP2 breakers(with these two you will get mining pipes)

or

Make an endertrap [Automated Ender Pearl farm in the end (RP + IC²)] in the end to get an excelent EMC generator.
    Enderpearl = 1024 EMC -> 512 EMC when transmuted.

or

give me server IP (and thread if possible) so i can join it and help you. I will find many ways to get emc/eu when i join it.

• give me server IP (and thread if possible) so i can join it and help you. I will find many ways to get emc/eu when i join it.

SpwnX, going deep undercover into Tekkit territory, be sure to come out alive!

• I agree; however, every option you list here has been balanced....

Mushrooms bowls/soup is balanced. No Emc gain.

You realize this means you can exploit this going the other direction, right?

Darkrooms have been "shut down" Deployers no longer deploy bonemeal.

They cannot 'shut down' Darkrooms. They function on basic vanilla spawning code. Is the whole server on Peaceful or something? LIkewise, how can you prevent deployers from deploying Bonemeal?

Also, Mushrooms. Use a bone meal on a red mushroom. You end up with a bunch of red mushrooms. Rinse, wash, repeat. There is absolutely NO way to nerf this, unless you either nerf the drop rate of mushrooms from large mushroom blocks or if you declare EMC value of mushrooms ot be 0, in which case FREE FOOD! Either way, win. Simply set up a mob grinder around a skeleton spawner, and you've got enough bone meal that you don't need to make it via EMC. Don't forget to macerate it for more bone meal.

Flax has been reduced to only 1 per plant.

One what? One string?

Enderchests disabled, and there is a "resource world", for mining.

All that to say. I love this servers complications and survival elements. EE makes the game instantly easy. One map I was on I had 200 MFSUs and a Mass Fab system producing stacks of diamonds every 8mins. All of this was done with little effort.

Teleport pipes, then. If you have Mystcraft in there somewhere, it gets even easier with Railcraft + Mystcraft, since mining is by default in a different 'world'. Worlds are effectively infinite. Get far
    enough away, and you can simply mass-mine for EMC generation.

Run your geothermals like one used to run the old bucket brigade water mill setup, using RP2 for a retriever, transposer, filter, and pnumatic tubes.

• Official Post

SpwnX, going deep undercover into Tekkit territory, be sure to come out alive!

Surely i will =D , i will simply go there, pop up dozens of "overengineerings" and come back.
    My best shot for now is : End + Supertrap + shitloads of enderpearls + condenser -> PROFIT!

• Here is a link tot he server changes:

http://tekkitcraft.com/threads/server-changes.281/

These obsticles make the server quite challenging which I like; however, this latest change (Condensers and trans tables emc reduction by 50% is making it more challenging that I can manage due to a full class load in college. Therefore, I cant seem to problem solve a new power source.

Once again, Thank you to you who have dropped your thoughts and opinions here. I have some ideas as to where to go now.

And for those that do not want to go to the link :

"Powercrystals Powerconverters

• Fixed a self-recursion bug with water strainers

SignShop

• Shops can be linked to IronChest mod chests
    • Shops can be linked to EE mod chests (alc chest/condenser)
    • Condensers firs slot (target slot) is ignored
    • Fixed inventory status checker to not reset the players inventory (fixing the issue of ee items resetting all the time when clicking on signshop signs)

LWC

• BC pipes, RP pipes and RP machines can no longer be placed against a protection that the placer doesn't have access to - so no more pumping out stuff.
    • Buildcraft and Redpower can no longer break any protection (quarrys and fillers case)
    • Block place event listener priority fix so that it wont create empty protections

RedPower

• Timers, Sequencers and State Cells fastest speed is now 1 second (up from 0.2sec)
    • Changed flax flowers to always drop only 1 string per tile when fully grown
    • Fixed screwdrivers and GUI permission bypasses
    • Blockbreakers can no longer break: Stone, cobblestone, obsidian, mossy stone or any other container thats protected with LWC
    • Deployers can no longer deploy: Bonemeal, fillers, Quarries, flaxseeds, Mushroom Stew and Nova Catalyst
    • Changed frames to check for block break and place events. As RP fakeuser is op by default this has an explicit effect on LWC'd blocks (especially watch out for locked air from olders machines) as any lwc moving will tear the machine apart. To work a machine with such blocks on them - remove the locks with /cremove before you start moving ur frames.

Tubestuff

• Don't indirectly power blocks around.

Equivalent Exchange

• Most tools changed to check against Bukkit plugins if the caster can break the wanted blocks
    • Philosopher Stone projectile also checks if the mob being transmuted on is positioned where the player can break blocks
    • All tools that use EMC to break blocks (most of em right click) had their EMC usage per block break changed from 8 emc per block to 80 emc per block
    • Transmutation table multiverse bug fixed, where in some worlds it didn't just work
    • RM furnace dupe bug fixed
    • Fixed BHB/Void ring dupe bug
    • Changed the transmutation table so that when you put a half broken tool as the target you can't take broken tools out of the table anymore
    • Fixed 2 transmutation table dupe bugs
    • Removed EMC value of oil bucket
    • Removed EMC value of shroom soup
    • Changed the EMC value of milk bucket to water bucket
    • Disabled Collectors
    • Disabled Pedestals
    • Disabled Ring of Ignition
    • Disabled Zero Ring
    • Disabled Harvest Band
    • Disabled Ring of Arcana
    • Disabled Archangel`s Smite
    • Disabled Watch of Flowing Time
    • Disabled Hyperkinetic Lense
    • Disabled Catalyctic Lense
    • Disabled Gem Armour
    • Disabled Evertide amulet
    • Disabled Volcanite amulet
    • Nerfed Red Matter Armor to be a little bit more powerful than Dark Matter so it's still possible to kill players in it
    • Changed ladder emc value to match its materials. emc = stick emc * 7 / 3
    • Changed stone slabs values to 0 because people were abusing the EE limitation that it can't have 0.5 emc values
    • Changed swiftwolf's projectile to check perms for pvp & build rights when creating lightning

Industrial Craft

• 1 blaze rod macerator recepie changed from 5 blaze powders to 2 powders
    • 1 bone macerator recepie changed from 5 meals to 3 meals
    • Fixed a lag issue which should be implemented in future IC releases
    • Fixed MFE*s and MFSU's redstone button to work on all worlds (MV bug)
    • Fixed Nuclear Control objects client side settings, so they are saved now
    • Fixed Nuclear Controls GUI permissions bypass
    • Disabled crafting of buckets out of tin
    • Disabled crafting of Industrial Credit coins
    • Disabled crafting of nukes
    • Disabled crafting of dynamite
    • Reduced all energy generation values with 50%
    • Changed the power of explosion power of a nuclear reactor to 1 (down from 45)
    • Fixed all explosions pvp bypass (inc. mining laser) and changed block removal from canceling out on first access deny to remove all possible blocks
    • Changed nano armor damage absorbing from 90% to 80%
    • Changed quantum armor damage absorbing from 100% to 85% and power per damage from 30 to 200 - so ppl should start watching their armor charge now
    • Changed Nano Saber to never destroy quantum or nano armor, just discharge it making player more vulnerable
    • Fixed wrench to not remove protection when orientating a machine

Modular Force Field Systems

• Disabled Block Cutter and Zapper upgrades

BuildCraft

• Added tile entity caching to power and liquid pipes, reducing per-tick cpu usage by 10 times

Additional Buildcraft Pipes

• Fixed power teleport power multiplication bug
    • Fixed water and power teleport pipes server crash issue using a loop which causes stack overflow
    • Added another fix for the above, which crashed us 2 nights now
    • Added tile entity caching to power and liquid pipes, reducing per-tick cpu usage by 10 times
    • Disabled Teleport Tether

IronChests

• Fixed crystal chests lag bug
    • Changed chest emc values to match their material cost. New values:
      • Copper chest: 744 (8x copper ingot + chest)
      • Iron chest: 1772 (copper chest + 4x iron + 4x glass)
      • Silver chest: 3824 (Iron chest + 4x silver + 4x glass)
      • Gold chest: 12020 (silver chest + 4x gold + 4x glass)
      • Diamond chest: 28405 (silver chest + 3x dia + 5x glass)
      • Crystal chest: 28413 (diamond chest + 8x glass)

LogBlock

• Moved our LB database away from the main so it wont be backed up that often, fixing our every morning (6 gmt) crashes

RailCraft

• Disabled World Anchor
    • Disabled TNT Cart
    • Disabled Anchor Carts

ComputerCraft

• Disabled due to old known hacks, crashes and huge tps lag that can be made by newbies

Balkon weapons

• Disabled due to servercrashes with dispensers

Compact Solars

• Disabled due server balance

Wireless Redstone Chicken Bone Edition

• Disabled due server crashes

Transporter

• Added 4 new destinations to the 2 wildernessportals at spawn

WorldEdit

• Updated WorldEdit to version 5.4.2 with full support for custom blocks

Map properties

• Firespread dissabled