Viliml's BuildCraft-IndustrialCraft Crossover 0.8a

• Ok, first things first: this isn't anything like http://www.minecraft...c2-195b-sspsmp/, and I'm sorry for having the same name, and I will change it as soon as I get a good suggestion!

This mod adds oil cells, fuel cells, implements biofuel, coalfuel and the heating cell as a BuildCraft liquid and Combustion Engine fuel, adds the ability to use all of the cells in combustion engines and tanks(water cells and lava cells are now usable in buildcraft tanks and engines!), makes refinery recipes for turning water into coolant and lava into heating liquid, and adds reinforced tanks and refineries.

Installation:
    -2. delete META-INF
    -1. Install Forge 6.6.0.509+, given that the start is 6.6
    0. Install BuildCraft 3.4.2 and IndustrialCraft2 1.112.1(something...)-lf
    1. Download my mod here: http://www.mediafire.com/?6ri8v732jbml7vm
    2. Copy the .zip file to your mods folder in .minecraft
    3. Play MineCraft!!!

TO DO:
    Get a new name! Oh man I need a new name come on! NEW NAME!!!!!!!

Edited 15 times, last by viliml: Updated to v0.8a ().

• Once it's not OP ... because you didn't ad any MJ-->EU converter. And don't do it. But, seriously, who really need power for BC ? I've never run out of it. If you're incredibly unlukcy and have no Oil source close, simply use Redstone engines ^^

Or maybe you did it to be used with another converter addons, in order to make IC²-Super efficient ? That would be OP in that case ^^ (but converters addons are already OP by themselves, the only one turning "MJ" into EU that is not is Petroleum Generator.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Once it's not OP ... because you didn't ad any MJ-->EU converter. And don't do it. But, seriously, who really need power for BC ? I've never run out of it. If you're incredibly unlukcy and have no Oil source close, simply use Redstone engines ^^

Or maybe you did it to be used with another converter addons, in order to make IC²-Super efficient ? That would be OP in that case ^^ (but converters addons are already OP by themselves, the only one turning "MJ" into EU that is not is Petroleum Generator.

As long as energy resources scale properly with the materials inputted within them, I find no reason to call this OP..
    (Sadly, they don't in this case, but a simple config. option can adjust this...)

I like how buildcraft is becoming more of a mod about liquid energy and Pneumatic usage in industrial settings, rather than just the act of simple automation (since many other mods do that better). Also helpful is the addition of a Forge Liquid dictionary, as it is a great resource for creating add-ons such as this, or advance chemistry add-ons down the road...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• (Sadly, they don't in this case, but a simple config. option can adjust this...)

Yes, but the problem while you're not a server owner, is that people (don'tknowwhatareconfigs or) seems to find it the good way. So they don't see any reasons to changes the configs.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• OK, I see you all think this it OP and bad and stuff. So why don't you give me any advice? Come on guys, this is still WIP, and I want suggestions from you how to make my mod better! First of all, I want a new name, bacause this is already taken and is just temporarily the name of my mod. Second of all, noone seems to like my power output, so why don't you tell me how to improve it, make it better? Please?

• Updated to v0.5, now it has Heating Liquid from Heating Cells, it's a fuel somewhere between lava and oil. Also adjustable in the confing.
    PS: 50 downloads WO00OHO00O!!!!!!!!!

• I didn't say you mod is OP. Why ? Because you add a EU-MJ converters, wich isn't useful at all. What does I mean ? I mean that BC energy is too easy to get and the ratio 2MJ-->5EU is OP. You provide the opposite! I've just said that to me, this was more like UP. Because generating BC energy is cheaper than IC² energy. Just think to redstone engine powering a quarry for ... 64 Iron, 64 Redstone + wood, glass and cobble ... Doing that with IC² ? it would cost you 10-20 Solar pannels --> More expensive. Even Oil is OP, thinking it provide more EU via transformers addons than an ura cell with low efficiency.

But ... Heating cells is a different liquid for you ? LOL. To me, it's just a lava cells with ... components to make it usable in a Nuclear Reactor. It could considered as a Lava sources, but with better efficienty --> +20% MJ than a simple Lava Source. But it would be useless wasting Circuits to power your quarry ^^

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Updated to 0.6, added the ability to refine water to coolant and lava to heating liquid. Also added reinforced tanks. Look for moar reinforcies in the future!

• After careful testing via this, IC2, Transformers, and Thermal Expansion, I was able to find a proper ratio to the power outputs for Coalfuel/Biofuel:
    (Please note that this is in the 3:4 EU:MJ scale)

Super Coalfuel: 104,870 EU - 73,521 MJ
    Super Biofuel: 35,720 EU - 25,077 MJ

Plain Coalfuel: 76,440 EU - 53,670 MJ
    Plain Biofuel: 26,040 EU - 18,379 MJ

Coalfuel Cell: 12,740
    Biofuel Cell: 4,340

--Avg. MJ--
    IC2 Biofuel
    21,728 MJ
    ~3,167 per cell

IC2 Coalfuel
    Avg. 63,596 MJ
    ~10,600 per cell

In essence, a properly scaled power output (rounded up) would be:
    IC2 biofuel: 1 MJ for 3,200 ticks
    IC2 coalfuel: 2 MJ for 5,300 ticks

It's interesting to note that Biofuel for Forestry gives 50,000 MJ for its processes, leaving IC2 biofuel in a sad state of inefficiency. While in early game, I'm sure the fuel and cheap machinery would be valuable, but not so much for a primary end-game source of power...
    Coal, on its own, gives 1 MJ for 1500 ticks, so processing that material provides quite the energy yield. Only drawback in this is that using coal for this method takes away from the resources available for diamond production. Still, it is safe to assume that it is worth the investment if coal is not being dedicated to other process like Steel or Diamonds.

Edit: Could you also add bucket versions of IC2 Coalfuel and IC2 Biofuel? You're kinda killing me with the tin cost in cells, lol...
    Or perhaps, support for Squeezers and Liquid Transposers from Forestry and Thermal Expansion?

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Edited 3 times, last by MagusUnion ().

• Thanks man! It's just cool! Can you also create something like Tank Upgrade Kit and (if possible) Reinforced Refinery?

• If by tank upgrade kit you mean an item that transform a tank to a reinforced tank, no. But I was thinking about a reinforced refinery! You are reding my mind! Or I'm reading yours...??? Anyway, I would also like reinforced engines, but I don't really know how to draw them. I only want the core (the blue, gree, yellow or red thingy) to be changed, so tell me how I should make it, or publish your own pics, and I'll implement the best!
    BTW, MagusUnion, I can't belive those fuels should be so weak! Do you really think lava should give twice the total amount of energy than coalfuel, and more than 6 times more than biofuel? That doesn't sound right... I'll keep it this way, and everyone can change it in their configs if they want.

• Oh, MagusUnion, I didn't see your edit! So, anyway, I don't really think that would be the best. Would you carry volatile fuel around in a bucket in real world? I don't think so! Closed cells are are the safest way to carry them around. BC fuel has a bucket only because not everyone has IC, and it is the only way of transporting liquids manually! Also, buckets of dripping lava in your backpack... Just another reason why this game is called a game :D

• Oh, MagusUnion, I didn't see your edit! So, anyway, I don't really think that would be the best. Would you carry volatile fuel around in a bucket in real world? I don't think so! Closed cells are are the safest way to carry them around. BC fuel has a bucket only because not everyone has IC, and it is the only way of transporting liquids manually! Also, buckets of dripping lava in your backpack... Just another reason why this game is called a game :D

Well, I was mainly talking about using a Squeezer and such to get the material into the tanks without requiring a container/Extractor method...

And yes, the burn time on fuels is low due to how IC2 amplifies the fuel value from vMC. For example: Coal = 1600 burn = 4000 EU (and this measurement was the basic of the initial 2:5 MJ:EU standard which has since needed deprecation). Since all EU values from Minecraft fuels are multiplied by 2.5 (not counting lava, ofc), the actual burn rate (or tick rate, if you prefer) is much lower than that of BC based applications. This means that you get your energy faster via IC2, at the cost of the amount of resources needed for consumption. Buildcraft works opposite of this function, and works with MJ directly and outputs its values via tick rate and mechanical force. That's why the outputs on BC Oil and Fuel are as high as they are...

• I don't, and don't intend to use forestry, as it fills my TMI screen with bees. Maybe I could try to work blind, but I honestly have no idea how to use any of the forestry machines, does it or does it not have an api, etc. Sorry.