Are over clockers consumption/speed-increase proportional?

• hey all, got a question about over clockers that i could really do with being answered. Is the maths behind them proportional for each side? To keep the maths simple, ill use this as an example. If a macerator is receiving 32 Eu/T as it normally would, then if an over clocker is put into it, if the over clocker gave a "theoretical" 1.5x increase in speed, would it therefore use up 1.5 more Eu/T (48 Eu/t)? Any help appreciated :)

To infinity, and beyond! - Buzz Lightyear

• Official Post

Both speed usage and energy consumption are exponentional.
    Speed formula is "Machine operation time" * 0.7^N and consumption is "Machine operation energy cost" * 1.6^N [N = number of overclockers]
    so both increases exponentionally, but consumption increase is higher if compared to speed gain.

Macerator/extractor/compressor needs 16 OC for max speed (1 operation per tick) and will consume about 5500 EU per operation
    Elec furnace needs 13 OC for max speed and will consume about 1300 EU per operation
    Recycler needs 10 OC for max speed and will consume about 128 EU per operation

• Both speed usage and energy consumption are exponentional.
    Speed formula is "Machine operation time" * 0.7^N and consumption is "Machine operation energy cost" * 1.6^N [N = number of overclockers]
    so both increases exponentionally, but consumption increase is higher if compared to speed gain.

Macerator/extractor/compressor needs 16 OC for max speed (1 operation per tick) and will consume about 5500 EU per operation
    Elec furnace needs 13 OC for max speed and will consume about 1300 EU per operation
    Recycler needs 10 OC for max speed and will consume about 128 EU per operation

so to put it simple terms, as long as you can afford the power, you get your worth out of increased speed?

To infinity, and beyond! - Buzz Lightyear

• Official Post

Nope, there's a limit: a machine can't process quicker than 1 item /tick. Minecraft code reasons ^^

I wrote "max speed (1 operation per tick)" , but you are right anyway. Minecraft runs up to 20 ticks per second, so max speed would be 20 operations per second. [If server is not laggy/your FPS is not lower than 20]

• I wrote "max speed (1 operation per tick)" , but you are right anyway. Minecraft runs up to 20 ticks per second, so max speed would be 20 operations per second. [If server is not laggy/your FPS is not lower than 20]

sorry lol, I didn't read your post and just answer his question, assuming it wasn't said before ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!