Posts by god_chris

Both speed usage and energy consumption are exponentional.
    Speed formula is "Machine operation time" * 0.7^N and consumption is "Machine operation energy cost" * 1.6^N [N = number of overclockers]
    so both increases exponentionally, but consumption increase is higher if compared to speed gain.

Macerator/extractor/compressor needs 16 OC for max speed (1 operation per tick) and will consume about 5500 EU per operation
    Elec furnace needs 13 OC for max speed and will consume about 1300 EU per operation
    Recycler needs 10 OC for max speed and will consume about 128 EU per operation

so to put it simple terms, as long as you can afford the power, you get your worth out of increased speed?

hey all, got a question about over clockers that i could really do with being answered. Is the maths behind them proportional for each side? To keep the maths simple, ill use this as an example. If a macerator is receiving 32 Eu/T as it normally would, then if an over clocker is put into it, if the over clocker gave a "theoretical" 1.5x increase in speed, would it therefore use up 1.5 more Eu/T (48 Eu/t)? Any help appreciated :)

Hey guys, im incredibly new to the agriculture side of cross breeding, however it is probably the last part of industrial-craft that i haven't tried before. So i did my research and started by breeding some basic plants. Soon enough I had bread myself some cocoa plants which i was very proud of. Then i started crossbreeding those with others to see if i could make anything new. I have a very basic understanding of the plant tier system, so forgive me if i am wrong, but when i crossbread reeds and cocoa, i shouldn't be able to make tier 5 plants such as terra wart? However this is what ive somehow managed to do. Is this a common thing with child plants increasing by two tiers from the parents? or am i some sort of godlike plant breeder?

tl;dr was crossbreeding cooca and reeds, got terra wart, is this normal?

with the normal generators, all the EU generated by the coal will either be used or wasted, think of it like using a furnace but only putting 5 items in instead of 8, the remaining 'fuel' will be wasted, as will the EU in this case, to stop this from happening, you can just put some sort of energy storage device in between your generator and your machines.

Or if you are using tekkit and want to be really fancy, you can change the redstone behaviour of the storage device to 'emit when empty'. Then have redstone wire leading to a chest, containing coal with a pipe connecting to it leading to the generator. So coal will then be pumped into the generator whenever you run out so you will always have energy! :D

sorry to ask so much of the people on here, there is quite a steep learning curve when it comes to nuclear engineering haha! does anyone have a way they could improve upon this design in any way at all? I plan to upgrade to this: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…8m30p268og0k5r5ztiebtab5s
    but is there any way i could increase the EU output (don't want it any lower than that) or reduce the resources required, but still keeping it a mark II at the most? thanks for your time :)

im not 100% sure if changing the subject of the thread slightly is allowed, but now i have my reactor set up, where would i go in terms of increasing the E/U of my reactor? I have 2 extra chambers spare, and this is the current set up i am using :http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…vs22y2wr7cckzi8prz0bblmbk
    please try and keep it an I-0, water and all the other factors are no longer a concern, just as long as the EU/t increases

EDIT: This was the best I could come up with: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…zrar30st0zhjarf94zoc4u9kw

Pro-tip: nuclear reactor can be switched off by redstoning block ADJACENT to core, be it chamber or cobblestone. And, you can get electricity from one of chambers, instead of core. So, you can have 24 blocks of water for eu- and restone wired zero chamber, and no "wasted" blocks at all for two chambers and up.

ah ok, well with the current state of my minecraft world, i can't get the materials for two chambers but the getting the EU from the chamber i have is a great idea! :)

Hey guy's, im fairly new to the nuclear side of Industrialcraft, but I am keen to learn! What I want to know is if this: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…ty2vpw0awc06lhj86bognh1z4
    can be improved in any way in terms of reducing resources. The things I require of it is that it produces at least 12,000 E/U total, it only requires 1 extra chamber (none is even better), it has 22 water in the external environment and that it is a Mark I-0, due to limited resources of my survival world and all that. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks in advance!! :thumbup: