Feedback requested for some game mechanics

• what about inverting the thing of pads, making a module needed to use the PADS, not the padless transporting?

I... what? Um, could you rephrase that, please, I have no idea what you just said.

As to the recipes: these are a good start, but they're a bit too simple for my taste (and why one per post?), aside from the beacon recipe (which is a fairly simple device).

Consider this: transporters are high-tech devices, therefore crafting them should be a fairly long process, and use several intermediary components (look at the Gravisuit recipes, for instance). I also mentioned (at some point in the past) one of the components for a transporter absolutely needs to be the Heisenberg compensator. I can also think of a transporter buffer component (or two), an advanced machine block and/or an MFSU (did you check the power capacity on the transporter? It should be a full MFSU's worth). At least one HV cable comes automatically with the MFSU in the recipe, and there can be up to four other components I haven't thought of.

The pads can be simpler (they're useless without a transporter nearby) and perhaps use a beacon in the recipe -- part of their job is to act as one. Reinforced metal, like you have, is also a good idea, and perhaps a FreqTrans and an advanced circuit. In fact, that's a pretty good recipe already -- six reinforced metal (the left and right columns) with a beacon in the center, a freq trans over the beacon and an advanced circuit under it.

The interdictor recipe you have is mostly okay -- I'd just replace the middle column with... something? Machine block in the center, I think, and then two other components at the top and bottom. Probably some kind of jammer component (which needs a better name) and a circuit. We do want interdictors to be easier to make than transporters are, it's a balancing factor for the early game.

With all that said, I really appreciate the starting point you just gave me. I'll be poking more at the recipes myself (and I appreciate input from anyone else interested), but this gives me something to build on. Thanks!

• now that i though again, forget that thing i said before about pads(the thing about they should need module to work and such...), and whats a heisenberg compensator made off?

*EDIT Could i use items from other mods for the recipes?

• [...]and whats a heisenberg compensator made off?

Heh. Nobody knows -- it's a purely fictional device that somehow compensates for the Heisenberg uncertainty principle. Just think high-tech and intricate (and if it requires a special machine that we could give some other recipes to, that'll work just as well).

*EDIT Could i use items from other mods for the recipes?

Yes, but cautiously -- ideally, the minimum required for BMU should be just IC2 itself, so if we use other mods' items we need to either have alternate recipes for when they're not present, or just disable the recipes altogether. With that said, I'm not completely against implementing alternate versions of basic items, especially if they're registered in the Forge ore dictionary. To illustrate what I mean by "basic": I wouldn't duplicate the PortalGun miniature black hole (it's an expensive item), but I would make my own implementation of ender pearl dust and use that to make something (quantum circuit?).

• i was thinking about the thermal expansion mod, it adds many new alloys(invar ingot, shiny ingot, electrum ingot...), but they are very simple to make... and maybe railcraft(rollingmachine recipes, steel...)

EDIT

Recipe: Insulation Plating (i shall find a better name) x4

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6rg…/insulation%20plating.png

uses rolling machine, black-blue ingots are ThermalExpansion Lead Ingots, the white-yellow one is also from ThermalExpansion, its an Invar Ingot.

Recipe: Superconductor Blend

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pco0…uperconductor%20blend.png

uses pulverized gold(or dust) at middle square, electrum blend at corners and shiny dust in middle. uses normal table. you can get a superconductor ingot by doing the same shape with inots in rolling machine. the blend can be smelted for ingots. cables can be made with normal shape(makes 6 cable), have no energy loss, and supports up to ev(extreme voltage).

Recipe: Integrated Circuit(forget older recipe)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qi24…0integrated%20circuit.png

iron fence is superconductor cable, crops are superconductor blend. uses normal crafting table.

Recipe: Heinsberg Compensator(or whatever)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1dfh…insberg%20compensator.png

carbon fiber: insulation plating tin block: integrated circuit

Recipe: Interdictor

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wazv…x7w/new%20interdictor.png

Recipe: Transport Pad

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j179…new%20transport%20pad.png

carbon fiber: insulation plating tin block: integrated circuit

• i was thinking about the thermal expansion mod, it adds many new alloys(invar ingot, shiny ingot, electrum ingot...), but they are very simple to make... and maybe railcraft(rollingmachine recipes, steel...)

All right, but as I said earlier -- if we make a dependency on other mods, we need to provide either alternative recipes or just skip the ones we can't fulfill.

Now, to the recipes: this is the first and last time I will do this for you, but I've uploaded them all to imgur as an album. I'll critique them in detail when I have time, but I'll note that you haven't actually given me any alternatives for when Thermal Expansion and/or Railcraft aren't available. I'm also not particularly fond of the "superconductor" idea (don't we already have at least two other addons that provide one?). I'd rather have some, you know, actual components, like the third-tier circuit.

Either way, thanks for your time. If you have any further thoughts, feel free to share.

• OOH OOH IK MULTIBLOCK NUKES

How can it be that 2 of the recent thread I've seen ended with that ? Oh wait, I know ... you're using same methods than me: suggesting 10 times the same thing in different thread ^^.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

How can it be that 2 of the recent thread I've seen ended with that ? Oh wait, I know ... you're using same methods than me: suggesting 10 times the same thing in different thread ^^.

Suggestin' till its a Reality since 2013.