IC2 Id conflict between map and IC2.cfg

• Hello

I'm a server admin and have been using IC2 for quite a while. I've been keeping up to date with betas and have had no trouble with updating to newer versions until now. I am aware that item id's have changed for this version of IC, and according to the error log, I need to update the map or adjust the config to so that the ID's match. I would like to update the map, so that I don't have to change ID's everytime there is a release. How can I do this? Also, here is the error log:

• Updating the map would involve getting or writing something that opens your map and changes all the block IDs from the old values to the new values. Wouldn't it be faster to just grab the block section from the old IC2.cfg?

Edit: Incidentally, it's not really IC2 changing the block IDs (although, it may as well), but Forge being more controlling of the block ID space under 255, which is reserved for a specific kind of worldgen. You won't need to worry about it unless you have something that does that kind of worldgen (ExtraBiomes XL comes to mind as an example).

• There is -- if you have some programming skill, you could probably use pymclevel to write something to dive into the map and "fix" it. It's a lot more tedious, though, by necessity. Personally, I'd like to see dynamic block ID reallocation: load a map with a different block ID mapping, and things rearrange themselves appropriately. This is theoretically possible, but I'm not sure how deep into Minecraft internals one would have to dig to achieve it.

• so i just update ik im late but how do i fix this i have no idea ?(

f you have exactly the same error as the OP, which I can't tell from those 17 words...

Using the old version with the old config, obtain the NEI ID map.

Then remap IC2 config to blocks > 255. Create new world, and then obtain the new NEI ID map.

Then use mIDas Gold to reassign block IDs in your world.