Suggestion: Extracting dyes

• When you thought that the extractor could only extract the rubber from trees, you were wrong! Because of the advanced technologies, it can extract dyes. HAYO! Tired of not having enough cocoa beans around, or that light blue dye tends to run out too fast, Well with the Extractor you can now extract 4 dyes from each item. (some complications may arise from extracting Lapis Lazuli, or squid. (wasn't sure if that would be the same as duplicating? Sorry if this sounds like a double post but the last dye thread was locked before i could respond)

• Official Post

When you thought that the extractor could only extract the rubber from trees, you were wrong! Because of the advanced technologies, it can extract dyes. HAYO! Tired of not having enough cocoa beans around, or that light blue dye tends to run out too fast, Well with the Extractor you can now extract 4 dyes from each item. (some complications may arise from extracting Lapis Lazuli, or squid. (wasn't sure if that would be the same as duplicating? Sorry if this sounds like a double post but the last dye thread was locked before i could respond)

As Al said, he contemplated adding this function to the extractor. The question is a balancing issue when it comes to the non flower dyes (Squid, Lapis, Cocoa beans, and Bonemeal). It could be coded to extract they Dyes from Wool (I would think), but what's to stop the person from dying a sheep, punching it, and doubling/tripling the amount of dye they used? But as it is now, the red an yellow flowers are near infinite (Bonemeal + Grass = PROFIT!), and would bypass the need for the use of the extractor to get more dye.

• I see what you mean, I tend to run through a lot of the bonemeal when making the lime, light/grey, or the other inbetween colors. And i have terrible luck finding dungeons. I was just trying to figure out if you could stick like the actual dye color, like light blue dye and double it? That way the true raw ingredients aren't being duplicated, just the dyes, and i don't think dyes are much of a balance issue? I can see bonemeal, or the lapis. And yeah don't really care much about the flowers, they are just annoying to collect. I dunno, maybe this is just an inconvenience that's not worth the code, thoughts?