Looking for help!

• Trying hard to learn this. Maybe someone can help me. Where is the latest info, is the wiki up to date? Do you still put it in water? What is wrong with my plan? I keep having to install new LZH. This is the best I can figure out how it should be, for now anyways. thanks!

Ok so I was way off on this one, but still learning.

• The wiki is up to date, you don't use water or ice in this version, and the LZH is the new Consumed-on-use item, which is why you have to replace it. As for your design, Urainium cells will transfer all their heat to an adjacent compent before the reactor itself. So the LZH's are getting all the heat, and there's nothing left over for your vents to cool. Or what I assume to be vents... For future reference, it'll help to label stuff if your not using the default texture pack, or use the Reactor Planner to post your design.

• So are you saying the vents are useless? Here's the planner but I don't understand it much. I've been learning by standing in front of the reactor and the explosions are a pain but pretty cool. I figured the vents would draw heat from the LZH.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…vye4mpj1qhzeufbdtrxe9rugw

I guess the question is what do you use to keep them the longest? The wiki can't be all that up to date. "Placing your reactor at the centre of a 3x3 cube of water is considered the very minimum in cooling requirements."

• What is a kk EU? What is tuble? If 1 cell produces 2kk EU and 2 cells produce 4kk EU then does a quad cell produce 8kk EU or 16kk EU? Thinking 3 would double the 4kk EU of the 2 cells equaling 8 then doubling again with the forth making 16kk Eu. "For each adjacent uranium cell, the original cell will pulse another time". Won't the adjacent cell pulse once plus once more for the original cell being there. So is "1+# of adjacent cells" wrong being 1+2x# of adjacent cells?

4 (fully surrounded): 1 heat @ each element. Element being whatever is placed next ,being 1 of 4, to the cell, which will equal 4 heat? What are heat derivatos?

• your best bet is probably to read the guide again, then experiment with the planner. basically, a kk is one million (k = 1000) and cells output different amount of EU depending on type (single/duel/quad) and position. again, this is something the planner tells you.

Just play around with the planner and keep in mind:
    The amount of EU/cell can be seen (efficiency * 1kk eu)
    Grayed out components are not used and can safely be removed (stating that they are not needed/ wrongly placed IN THAT PARTICULAR DESIGN)
    Yellow components are either not cooling at their most efficient OR the planner assumes they are being replaced during a run
    Red components basically are screwed up; they melt in the design.

your best bet is probably to read the guide again, then experiment with the planner

This is what I have been doing and even printed the guide out. Don't understand some of the terms used. I think it needs to be updated too. I have to break here and there, the more I read the more confused I get. Where's the guide to the planner?

Playing with the planner the "Overclocked Heat Vent" is the best thing to put next to the cell? Then if that is the case it's impossible to keep cool 3 sets of quads, each set with 2.

• Not really a guide, buthere you go

I agree, the whole how to setup part is not too comprehensive. I advice to use the planner to teach yourself the basics (at least that's what I have done)
    Taking a look to the list of good reactors can also help.

In a nutshell: All cooling comes from within the reactor. Cells produce heat depending on how often they pulse (by having neighbouring cells or reflectors), and try to donate the heat to adjacent components. if they can't, the heat goes to the reactor hull.

Virtually all other components try to redistribute the heat and to dissipate them.

Heat exchangers primarily transfer heat around. there are four kinds, all with small differences in how much heat they switch and such.
    Heat vents are cooling parts. they dissipate every tick a certain amount of heat. again, some are more useful than others and all have their speciality.
    Condensators are basically single use coolants. they always have to be replaced after use (and are in that way a very very expensive option)
    Coolant cells are more or less batteries for heat. they merely store the heat.
    Plating just increases the Max heat level and decrease the explosion force in case of a meltdown.

For more detailed information on every item, see the wiki

Cheers,
    Baru

• not really. overclocked heat vents draw heat from the hull if they can. In other words, the heat from that lonely cell is taken from the hull by the overclocked vents

by trial and error you'll start to understand how it all works, eventually.