Direwolf20 Server

• We have been live for a week hard to believe ti worked.

Lag is there but not too bad for a Residential line I think.

Please let me know if we should change this thing to PVP or leave it alone

• its a nice server, seems to be dropping people here and there, but it runs pretty nice overall.

The spawn however is a pain, partly because its a random area spawn(I got spawned inside a tree). and since someone has claimed it, you cant get out if you get stuck (I got spawned in a 2 deep hole).

so maybe put some protection on the Spawn and make it nice and flat-ish.

just some thoughts :)

• guys sorry for the spawn area everyone seems to want to claim that location and tear it up I am going to flaten that area and try to find a way to not have this area claimed. The server seems to be having some issues lately like shutting down for no reason, still investigating this issue.

Have and remember the spawn is not for building I have world set at 2000 +- so you have 4000 in any direction use that please.

Akernator

• I'm not sure it the Greifing did it or what? Well it will not stay runnign for langer then 10 minute so we are more then likely starting new world when it comes back. Sorry for Greifing wish I had a way to stop it.

• Servers back up which is great, but when I tried to log on it said I was missing some mods, after looking around I noticed there was an update (version 5) so I updated, but still no luck the list of mods needed increased, has the mod pack been switched out for another one (no longer the direwolf20 pack)?
    Anyways great server :D

• Sorry for the confusion but we had alot of issues with the Direwolf20, not sure why.

Same deal just different mod pack No IC2 but still fun. I turned off MobGriefing and keepInventory is on now.

Akernator

I'm out for two weeks hope it can last that long.

• I dont think keep inventory is working because i got blown up by creepers twice and i didnt keep anything in my inventory and i lost a few of my items too. Maybe keepinventory is messed up? or it just isnt on?
    MinecraftCreeper
    :Electric Jetpack: :Mining Drill:
    :Bronze Leggings:
    :Rubber Boots:

• I am on business, and I have tried to log into server but it seem to be down. I have noticed that the inventory does seem to be loosing things. I lost alot of stuff before server went down. I hope the server is not corrupt again, that was the reason we went to MagicWorld. We may go back to direwolf20 soon! I ave been looking at a better way to monitor the server and it should help out.

Akernator

• so.. we will go back to direwolf20 mod pack? :D? but, i just found some damn diamonds and put it in a chest... er i think that is good?

You can't save any items when the packs are changed. Its like switching to another launcher and everything. He would have to copy all player files over into the direwolf folder. And you would need the items in ur inventory, not in a chest. Them being int he chest would require him to copy the map over as well.

• You can't save any items when the packs are changed. Its like switching to another launcher and everything. He would have to copy all player files over into the direwolf folder. And you would need the items in ur inventory, not in a chest. Them being int he chest would require him to copy the map over as well.

well if you keep the map, smartypants, some ores that are only in technetic pack will not be in the map. plus if you copy the player files ... it might get deleted or corrupted. anyway all my ores are in my chest too...
    :Quantum-Helmet:
    :Quantum-Bodyarmor: :Diamond Drill: :Nano Saber:
    :Quantum-Leggings:
    :Quantum-Boots:

• I need Grief protection for the server in bad way I am tied of things getting so messed up. I have had to start new server like at least twice now. I want to go back to Direwolf20 or Mindcrack, but with out grief protection I am looking at keeping a server running for about 4 weeks. Then I get errors beyond belief, I found a server MOD MYTOWN like TOWNY on Bukkit. But this thing works with Forge (FTB). I have searched High and Low no instruction materials to speak of. I think this thing would do the trick.

Can someone help me find a manual of some sort to help me setup the permissions for this thing. if you are not OP you can not do squat, got to find something that tels us how this thing works. Or if you have a better mod speak up. I'm almost ready to throw in the towel. FTB is too unstable left wide open to attack by crazy people.

Akernator