yet another crazy idea/ bedrock dependant machine...

• kind of stupid thread name. I just came up with idea of.. idk magma extractor, that pump lava from below bedrock and then cools it down to metals etc or maybe just void particle generator, that generates eu when close to bedrock at constant small rate similar to solar panels. its not the point.

The idea is to make location dependant machine which requires, lets say 3x3 flat bedrock underneath it or 2x2 flat bedrock underneath it at depth 2, which is pretty hard to find.

also there could be some machines which work only in nether (some depth mining maybe or heat related)
    and in the End some cosmic-space related.

that would encourage players to explore and have vast inter-dimesional or even multi-dimensional production lines.

Communication and discussion + constructive critisism = Good Ideas

• its not the point.

the main idea is to make machines scattered around the world. because right now most of the players have all their machines in their "small" 100x100 basement. No need to go somewhere else. But if some machines had the requirement to be placed at certains spots...

its like you can't build ender portal at your base. you have to go out and find it which is fun. Building sites for certain machines could also be found in siilar way. 3x3 flat bedrock is just an example of such a site.

It can be bedrock or spawner or ender portal any block or natural feature which cannot be recreated at whim

• that would encourage players to explore and have vast inter-dimesional or even multi-dimensional production lines.

To me, this a sentence meaning about the same thing that "OP structures". Just think to Lava teleportation + Nether + Geogen in the Overworld = Infinite EU in the Overworld, without the issues from the nether.

As for the Bedrock thingy, I also thought about it, like it and suggested that before. I even suggest an infinite Lava Source under RP2 Volcanos. It was denied, by Fallen Beast at least (since he already implemented a generator that produces EU from nothing, depending on "how hot" are the blocks behind in a 15*15*15 cube). But, a cool thing he said he would maybe implement is changing the algorythm for EU generation from Thermal Generator to make it Layer-related. (The lower the generator is, the higher the output is)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

But, a cool thing he said he would maybe implement is changing the
    algorythm for EU generation from Thermal Generator to make it
    Layer-related. (The lower the generator is, the higher the output is.

This would be kinda cool. Windmill style power without the unsightly need to see the tower (since its below you).

• Windmill style power without the unsightly need to see the tower (since its below you).

Yep, I also hate Windmill Towers as they are quite uggly, but also because it's easy to exploit. I would more like Windmills to take a lot of space, producing even more energy but not as exploitable ... --> This is RP2 ^^. So I think the Thermal generator should also include some lines of code to check if there are Thermal Gens nearby, then reduce the EU-generated if so (just to avoid Thermal Generator "Tower" ^^)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• giving examples was a bad idea and an entirely my mistake as it distracts from the point.

Ok think not about recource production, but rather about recource processing. like GT industrial blast furnace working only beneath rp2 volcanoes or close to bedrock or in nether.. or fusion reactor working only in the end for whatever reasons..

layer related generator is closest to what i meant. love ther idea.

• Official Post

Yep, I also hate Windmill Towers as they are quite uggly, but also because it's easy to exploit. I would more like Windmills to take a lot of space, producing even more energy but not as exploitable ...

They can be ugly, in your opinion, but easy to exploit? It took me time to overengineer its mechanics and adapt it to tower style (compact). Also it produces a good amount of energy but to mass produce you will need loads of resources...

• They can be ugly, in your opinion, but easy to exploit? It took me time to overengineer its mechanics and adapt it to tower style (compact). Also it produces a good amount of energy but to mass produce you will need loads of resources...

Yep, but at the end, it makes the game boring, as spamming Solar Pannels does ... :/
    To quote Greg, I would say: "basically, what SpwnX do is 3D solar spamming" ^^. The point is, having green gen is cool, but as a very few part of you whole power generation system.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I don't know if you guys think the same, but I am not too fond of mentioning an estimate of quality in the thread title. So your idea is "crazy" or a "good idea"? I think that's for the forums to judge.

Furthermore, the next best thing I could imagine a bedrock-dependent machine to do is be an infinite lava or iron source that needs EU. We have that already, though... Your idea is a mechanism, not a real idea per se as it has no design behind it. It's like saying "make a machine that interacts with air" and expecting the wind mill to come out of it. Rather, you'd come up with wind mills being an energy source in the first place.

I am deeply sorry to say this, but I believe this thread should be closed. Neither is it an actual idea, nor does it have any feel to it. Exploration is one thing, but is it really that interesting to find flat bedrock surfaces? Stop telling the player what to do! If they want to explore, they will!

• technicaly you are right but...
    there is no separate thread for mechanics sugestions so that ideas like environmental polution or layer-related generator could go there so I created that one here.

and about that aggro thing in the end of your post:
    Why make mods and minecraft ? If people want to play they always can play lots of other cool games !!
    Games and mod developers create piece of reality with its own rules and goals.
    By playing game you accept those rules and follow them.

e.g.: Lots of people run Nuclear Reactors while its safer and easier to spam solars so why not give them a chance to accept more challenges?

p.p.s. added signature for people like you for you are many.

• I am deeply sorry to say this, but I believe this thread should be closed. Neither is it an actual idea, nor does it have any feel to it. Exploration is one thing, but is it really that interesting to find flat bedrock surfaces? Stop telling the player what to do! If they want to explore, they will!

Lol, the fact is, you just pointed the most useless thing he suggested out: the 2*2 square of bedrock idea, which is quite stupid to me ^^. But, I think a way to generate infinite energy (at a low rate) from sorts of hole in the bedrock, that would regen lava every minutes is fun, or with Volcano from RP2. The point is, that wouldn't be a way to get TONS of EU like green gen are actually, but would give a "strategical" advantahe for Volcano/some points on the layer 2 ...

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• EDIT: Didn't quote, so sorry. This refers to chaos_legion's post.

You must have misunderstood me. There is a difference between saying "I would want environmental pollution with the following system, consequences, benefits, demerits, this feeling and atmosphere" and "Something with bedrock plz".

Besides, I find it insulting to call me "people like you" and giving a lesson about discussion like you're entitled to it. I don't think it's justified, you know? You're pretty stuck-up for getting a sentence that starts with "I'm deeply sorry to say this, but" and interpreting it as aggressive. The way I see it, there's tons of really bad suggestions with little to no concept behind them and the developers of IC and the add-ons don't have the time to go through everything that's already been suggested, is suggested badly, or denied. If you come up with an idea, you should put some effort behind it, present a concept that's at least a bit elaborate and not just a thought.

We're not here to discuss every single possibility of implementation that some vague idea could imply. While, in my book, it's perfectly legit to say "50k EU, 100k EU, I don't know but those are just numbers", there's a border to the open-ness of an idea.

Now, to your almost philosophical question about why Minecraft should be played at all: You are right about games being a set of rules which players have to obey, but Minecraft is the one game that lets the player choose how and what to do. Minecraft is not the game that tells you to "level up first, then go rescue the princess, then get unobtainium gear, then slay the dragon, then play newgame+" or to "return to the combat zone". A player has to find something that makes his experience worth playing, just like in real life.

It's so easy, isn't it? Getting told exactly what to do and just doing as told. But that is not what Minecraft is about. Ironically enough, Minecraft is about what the player makes of it, and as a consequence of that, many players play like this! Get wood and stone first, then go build a base, then get diamond gear, then slay the enderdragon, then install mods. If they have fun doing this map after map, it's legitimate because they chose to do so.

Looking for flat formations of bedrock? I haven't done it before but I imagine it to be extremely tedious. It's artificial stretching of play time. If you want to enforce multi-dimensional structures, I'm pretty sure IC alone isn't the mod for it. It's not like you need to find a uranium deposit of three adjacent blocks to make nuclear reactors. Challenges are nice, but they need a concept.

Which leads us to my original point: Your idea, in the form that you presented, has no concept. Feel free to elaborate on it, develop it a bit further and make something that, when I read it, makes me say "Damn, I want to play that!". Right now, it's telling me to drill or nuke huge portions of the underground layers in hope of finding a possibility to get more than the infinite iron or lava that I already have.