Crops not crossbreeding at all

• So I decided to check out the Agriculture system in IC2 today, so I made a building to grow crops in and crossbreed, and now an hour later, nothing has crossbred, and the only thing that will grow on the crossbreed specific blocks are weeds (subsequently destroying my crop blocks). I have tended to the crops myself, everything is properly irrigated, and I am fairly high up, I really dont see what the problem is. Any help or suggestions?

• So I decided to check out the Agriculture system in IC2 today, so I made a building to grow crops in and crossbreed, and now an hour later, nothing has crossbred, and the only thing that will grow on the crossbreed specific blocks are weeds (subsequently destroying my crop blocks). I have tended to the crops myself, everything is properly irrigated, and I am fairly high up, I really dont see what the problem is. Any help or suggestions?

Did you put double-cropsticks?

• Yes. How long does it take plants to crossbreed, and can they only crossbreed off fully grown plants? Either could explain it.

• Yes. How long does it take plants to crossbreed, and can they only crossbreed off fully grown plants? Either could explain it.

I believe that they only crossbreed from fully-grown plants.

• Yes, they have to be fully grown to crossbreed. You may also put some weedex on cross-cropsticks, so weed can't grow there.

If you're micromanaging crops, that wouldn't be advisable as it does a permanent damage to the crop's yield value.

• Thanks, ill try messing with them a bit more today.

EDIT: So I have been working with them a little more, and crops are starting to spread to the crossbreeding plots (in only vanilla plants) so I am guessing I just need to crossbreed different things.