Why do my In-game item ID's differ from whats in the ic2.cfg / ic2_map.cfg ? (every item id increased by 256)

  • EDIT: It just dawned on me that each item id is being increased by 256. is this normal? :S
    I also tested Buildcraft & some others and discovered they are doing the same thing.

    Minecraft 1.4.7
    industrialcraft-2_1.115.221-lf (also occurs in build 170)

    Fresh install, making sure no previous ic2.cfg exists, and a brand new world.

    Block ID's match the ic2.cfg file perfectly, but the Item ID's are all different.

    items in ic2.cfg: 29822-30000

    Actual assignment in game: 30078-30256 (despite the ID's in ic2.cfg being unused)
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1315574/IDMap dump 21-2-2013 at

    As you can see, I only have Vanilla and IC² items.

    What the heck is going on here?

  • EDIT: I now realise that every mod config uses the same method, ie. block { I:name=<id> } and is probably writing directly to the game data, which removes my fear of inconsistencies, for now. :D

    ha, I just came to this realisation and was editing my post before I read your reply, well, at least it is normal. :)

    Can't say for certain until I've done more testing, but the inconsistency is worrying, as it seems to only apply to Items, not blocks, but I have a feeling it's still not that straight forward. I am expecting some mods to handle it internally resulting in wysiwyg whilst others wont.

    If anyone is aware of any educational material on the subject, I'd be very greatful. :)