NoSuchMethodError on server v1.115

• I've just set up a server so I could play with some friends, installed forge and was working fine, however, once I placed IC2 in the mods folder the server crashes on startup. I've even run the server without any other mods and still get the same error.

Not entirely sure what other info might be needed so for now i'll just post the entire crash log.

</init></init>

• 1) recompilaton failure due notsoowell bytecode edits
    2) wrong forge\IC2

in both cases its YOUR fault

That's the thing I didn't do anything differently than i did on my client side. Used same universal ic2 and same universal forge. The only difference was that I did not delete the META-inf in the server since I was not supposed to. I've changed nothing else, looked up many tutorials on how to set it up to make sure, and still same issue.

• I *think* you need to have Forge, not just FML, installed in the server. The class it's complaining about is present and accounted for in my server running Forge build 518 (which, yes, is pretty old), and I can confirm the forge zip includes a copy of it.

Incidentally, it's not necessary to install Forge into the minecraft_server.jar anymore (hasn't been for quite a few Minecraft versions) -- just run java -jar minecraftforge-universal-[blah].zip and it will work as long as it can find the jar in the same directory. Much faster than messing around with the .jar internals.

• Incidentally, it's not necessary to install Forge into the minecraft_server.jar anymore (hasn't been for quite a few Minecraft versions) -- just run java -jar minecraftforge-universal-[blah].zip and it will work as long as it can find the jar in the same directory. Much faster than messing around with the .jar internals.

Just tried this and it works just fine. Thanks for the help, this has been bugging me all week.