Steam turbines

• I did mention you would have to start off with regular NR's and work your way up to the iridium ones. The NR's can be skipped, just throw in four more Quad-Thorium cells and cooling cells. I use them mostly to have an even distribution of heat.

Definitely more thorium, its 640 copper per cycle to run that with NRs.

• Difficult to get. You have to cut it by hand, or obtain a silk touch pick and use it with an arcane bore, neither method will produce particularly good yields though.

Maybe a frameship with bore attached would work, since no player intervention is needed...

Umm... Rock Cutter much? Come on, coal ore isn't that difficult to come across.

As for the fancy MFFS ore whose name I can neither spell nor pronounce, I'm not sure there as I don't use any mods that include it, but I think it spawns as often as uranium and is good for one throrium each?

I saw them as being stupid-level common. I would end up with stacks of the ore by accident. And since I never really wanted to bother with MFFS (due to playing SSP, by the time I can engage MFFS, I have no need to)... it mostly just kinda sat around not doing anything.

• I *was* assuming rock cutter, thus 'cut by hand'. For small reactors its fine, but rock cutting 6-8 stacks of coal by hand every 14 hours would be tedious as hell.

• Official Post

NVM..
    Greg said he will be nerfing Thorium but making it easier toget.