Scaffolding as fuel Needs to be re-balanced i think

• I was watching a FTB stream where the idea of using Scaffolds as fuel was mentioned... so i did some math... The numbers i found (in the version i am using for 1.4.7) made it well worth it to craft scaffold instead of burn charcoal. This was due to the fact that scaffolds burn for as much as a wooden plank, and you got 16 in a recipe that took only 3 planks and a few sticks to craft. So i did a bit more math, If you turn scaffolds down to the value of a stick (250 Eu instead of 750 per scaffold) This makes 9 wood worth of scaffolding (2 stacks) burn 8 coal worth of goods. (one stack) instead of 24 coal worth... There's still pros and cons to doing it this way, you save a little time burning at the loss of one coal worth of fuel. Though you would have spend one coal to burn 8 charcoal anyways. It balances the numbers this way... and if this is already implemented in IC2 for 1.5.1, i'm sorry, If not, I'm glad i got a chance to share the information for people so i'm not the only one abusing it until it is.

• And GregTech nerf it, but I dislike the way he did it (not saying there is another mean, just explaining why I would like its fuel value directly nerfed ^^) since I'm REALLY using scaffolds for building, and 4 scaffold for 3 plank + 3 stick makes it more expensive than a plank, so there is no really point of building with it, except for CF-sprayers.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I was watching a FTB stream where the idea of using Scaffolds as fuel was mentioned... so i did some math... The numbers i found (in the version i am using for 1.4.7) made it well worth it to craft scaffold instead of burn charcoal. This was due to the fact that scaffolds burn for as much as a wooden plank, and you got 16 in a recipe that took only 3 planks and a few sticks to craft. So i did a bit more math, If you turn scaffolds down to the value of a stick (250 Eu instead of 750 per scaffold) This makes 9 wood worth of scaffolding (2 stacks) burn 8 coal worth of goods. (one stack) instead of 24 coal worth... There's still pros and cons to doing it this way, you save a little time burning at the loss of one coal worth of fuel. Though you would have spend one coal to burn 8 charcoal anyways. It balances the numbers this way... and if this is already implemented in IC2 for 1.5.1, i'm sorry, If not, I'm glad i got a chance to share the information for people so i'm not the only one abusing it until it is.

Apparently it's impossible ATM as scaffolds' burn value can only be increased via code. Even on the IC2 side.

However, that's what I gathered, so don't quote me on that.

GregTech irreversibly nerfs the scaffold output to 4 though. (One of the two nerfs that can't be unnerfed).

• Is it really that bad we save on wood in the early game? Once I have a Coke Oven (mid-early game) I always use charcoal anyways. Once we have solar panels (early-mid)who cares about burning stuff?

• Is it really that bad we save on wood in the early game? Once I have a Coke Oven (mid-early game) I always use charcoal anyways. Once we have solar panels (early-mid)who cares about burning stuff?

Because solars are BORING. For me at least.

• Because solars are BORING. For me at least.

Agreed. I personally care, since I keep playing with IC²-Biofuel/Lava(*notfromtheNetherthough,exceptifI'mlivingin*)/Oil+Boiler/Nuclear Reactor.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!